Text begins from here.
Inverter / Converter Controls Integrated into Single Microcomputer High Performance Inverter Microcomputer Optimized for Digital Power Supplies / Motor Control Developed Gradual mass production from December 2013 for appliances, industry and automotive equipment
December 4, 2013 ? Osaka, Japan - Automotive & Industrial Systems Company (AIS), Panasonic Corporation has developed the MN103HF series of high performance inverter microcomputers, the optimum system controllers for digital power supplies  and motor control for appliances, industry and automotive equipment, and will gradually begin mass production and shipments from December 2013. This inverter microcomputer series will help system rationalization, enable more compact devices and improve development efficiency.
32-bit inverter microcomputer
1 million per month
Since 1998 this company has been developing and selling microcomputer series for motor control, which is optimized for inverter control systems that allow lower power consumption and noise levels in devices running motors in the appliances sector, such as air conditioners or washing machines. Its latest microcomputer series will give more advanced motor control, aiming at improving the increasingly in-demand energy-saving performance, and has optimum functions and performance for digital power supplies, which are expected to gain increasingly in popularity. This microcomputer series has dedicated operation instructions, high-resolution PWM , high-speed, high-precision AD conversion functions and more, and can be used over a wide range for motor control in appliances and industry equipment, server or automotive digital power supplies and in equipment for next generation power devices .
- 1.Onboard dedicated instructions allow simultaneous motor and power supply control in a single microcomputer
- The addition of industry’s first*1 converter instructions to previous inverter instructions has reduced computing speed to a third*2, with a total 40% reduction in processing time for the system overall vs. our previous models. This makes possible simultaneous motor and power supply control.
- 2.Smaller following circuits through industry top class*1 low-ripple  output controls
- Incorporation of high-resolution PWM (278 ps) and a 12-bit high-speed AD converter (conversion time of 0.6 µs) enables industry-leading*1 low-ripple power supply output (±0.8% or less at 1-kW output). This makes it possible to reduce capacitance of smoothing capacitors as a ripple countermeasure.
- 3.Panasonic's original noise suppression function simplifies motor and power supply control with less measurement errors
- An AD converter with noise suppression functions allows AD conversion avoiding switching noise to ensure precise measurement of motor output current and power supply output voltage. This simplifies design of noise counteracting circuits and software.
*1: As a microcomputer. According to research by Panasonic as of December 4, 2013.
*2: Compared with our MN103SFE3K.
Motor control for appliances / industrial equipment, digital power supply control for servers, base stations, eco-friendly cars, etc., LED / HID lighting control
-  Digital power supply
- Power supply using microcomputer, DSP or other digital signal processing technology to control output voltage feedback.
-  PWM (Pulse Width Modulation)
- A method of altering the pulse cycle and width ratio (duty ratio) when periodically outputting pulses.
-  Next generation power devices
- Transistors and diodes using materials such as silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN) with particular features such as high breakdown voltage, low ON resistance and rapid switching.
-  Ripple
- Residual element unable to be smoothed out when converting from AC to DC.
We will provide a total of 63 products with different package types and memory capacities.
The content in the following news releases is accurate at the time of publication but may be subject to change without notice.
Please note therefore that these documents may not always contain the most up-to-date information.
Sub Menu begins from here.