"TV AR Setup Simulator", is AR (Augmented Reality) application that integrates real-time generated 3DCG to the real world through smartphone camera.
When turning the camera to special AR Marker,
you can simulate setting up VIERA.
Let's put VIERA of any size that you like and look into life with VIERA.
Please access App Store from "Download" button in the upper right or Android market and download Panasonic TV AR Setup Simulator App (Free) to your smartphone.
First, prepare AR Marker. You can download AR Marker from "Download AR Marker (Download)" button at the right on this page. Print out the PDF data that you downloaded.
* Please make sure to print on A4 size. If you printed on different size, then a simulated image will be largely different from actual sizes.
When printing is complete, set up AR Marker at where you like to try simulation. There are two kinds of AR Marker, vertical and horizontal. Please set up either marker according to a situation of your installation space. When using a vertical marker, paste it on a wall, and when using a horizontal marker, put it on a floor or a TV stand at your home. Also, if you put a vertical marker on your current TV, you can simulate replacement of the TV.
* We recommend a horizontal marker for "With Pedestal", and a vertical marker for "Wall-hanging".
Start the installed app and check the instruction. When you look into AR marker, VIERA will appear on a top of the AR marker. With a vertical marker, VIERA appears parallel to the marker, and with a horizontal marker, VIERA appears perpendicular to the marker.
* Please note that the size of the displayed image might be different from actual size.
If you move your smartphone from right to left or up and down while keeping the camera on AR marker, you can view a displayed image from various angles.
When you tap the button at the lower left on the screen, the series selection screen will be displayed. Check out functions of each series and select your favorite series.
You can select the series by tapping the set-button.
Change the size of VIERA with the up and down operation key at center of the screen. Let’s find the best-suited size for your installation space.
Also, you can change your viewing style with the up and down key at the bottom right of the screen. Let’s find the best-suited style for your room.
For your convenience, we recommend a horizontal marker for “With Pedestal”, and a vertical marker for “Wall-hanging”.
* You can hide the menu by tapping the triangle mark at the bottom right of the screen, and use the screen more widely.
* TVs used in TV AR Setup Simulator is as of April 1, 2012. Some products may no longer be produced depending on their conditions. For details, please visit Panasonic VIERA homepage（http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/).
You can take a picture of the simulated image through a camera. When you found your favorite size and viewing style, adjust angle and press the camera mark (shutter) in the lower right. Captured pictures will be stored on a picture album in your smartphone.
With this application, you can send captured pictures via email or upload them to Twitter and/or Facebook. (*) Let’s share a picture with your family and friends and review together.
* You will need Twitter or Facebook account to upload pictures. After you accept the Terms and Conditions of the application, log in to the service, and upload your pictures and comments. The application is also linked to TwitPic (http://twitpic.com), uploading service for pictures and comments.
||Is AR Marker printed on A4 size?
If you printed on different size, then a simulated image will be largely different from actual sizes. Please make sure to choose A4 size.
* TV may not appear in accurate sizes due to several factors.
Please make sure measurements are accurate before you purchase.
||Smartphone might have not recognized AR Marker. If you shoot under low light condition, it may not recognize AR Marker properly.
Also, when a marker reflects light or is darkened by shadow, it may not recognize the marker well.
In such case, please adjust the position of Smartphone and/or light.
Markers may be difficult to recognize if printed on wrinkled or folded paper, or if printing is uneven.
||If you are too far from a marker, the display may become unstable. Please try getting closer to a marker or changing your viewing point. The recommended distance is within 4 meters (approx. 1.6 feet) from a marker. However, the display might become even more unstable according to a model/OS.
Setup Simulator has verified its behavior in the following terminals.
The application may not behave properly in terminals other than these.
||iPhone 3GS ,
iPhone 4 , iPhone 4S , iPhone5
|| ELUGA X , ELUGA
||HTC J butterfly , HTC EVO WiMAX
||Xperia Z , Xperia arc
||Optimus G Pro , Optimus X
||GALAXY S III Progre , GALAXY S II , GALAXY NEXUS
||RAZR M , PHOTON
||STREAM , Vision