• Holds 50 GB of data on a single disc with the same 12 cm diameter as a CD or a DVD.
• Movies, photos and PC data can be saved on the same disc*.
• A single disc (50 GB) can record 8 hours of HD movies in HG mode or 24 hours in HL mode.
* Depending on the operating environment.
Advanced multilayer technology enables 50 GB large capacity.
• Records data at up to 216 Mbps (6x speed).
• Even at normal speed, Panasonic's BD records data more than three times as fast as a DVD.
*Maximum transfer speed for DVDs ( normal speed ) is 11.08Mbps.
• Enables high-speed copying from a hard disk.
• Maintains stable recording from low to high speeds.(2x/4x/6x)
The phase-change recording technology enables reliable, high-speed recording.
• Stores HD movies without any image or sound degradation.
• Lets you reproduce dynamic, large-screen images with the same quality as the original.
Panasonic brings the beauty and entertainment of HD images to your living room.
• A data archiving life of 50 years (according to a Panasonic accelerated age test)
• High reliability is verified by a world famous third-party certification institution (TÜV Rheinland).
• A high resistance to the effects of UV light and aging.
Panasonic BDs use highly reliable inorganic (phase-change) recording layers.
A hard coating technology makes Panasonic BDs highly resistant to scratches.
A hard coating technology based on a spin coating method protects the disc surface.
• The integrated production system covers all processes, from developing materials to manufacturing the final product.
Panasonic's professional quality is backed by 35 years of experience in developing optical discs.
• Panasonic BDs are highly compatible with a variety of BD devices.
Panasonic BDs come from a total solution company that is involved in all Blu-ray Disc aspects — from components to media and hardware.
• A single BD holds approximately the same amount of data as 71 CD-ROM discs, greatly reducing disc material consumption.
• Comparing the amount of polycarbonate used in the disc, the CO2 emissions of a BD are approximately 1/75 those of a CD.
• TÜV Rheinland, a third-party certification institution, has acknowledged that Panasonic BDs have passed a test for harmful substances.
Using BDs instead of CDs or DVDs helps to reduce CO2 emissions.