Save memories, in all their beauty.
Bright and Stunning Full-HD Video Recording
The HX-WA2 renders images in breathtaking, Full-HD (1920 x 1080) beauty, so you can save your memories in stunning image quality and watch them on a large-screen TV.
* "Full-HD video with 1920 x 1080 pixels" in Panasonic Camcorder refers to video recordings with 1920 pixels in the horizontal direction and 1080 pixels in the vertical direction.
Beautiful zoom shots of distant subjects.
Intelligent 15x Zoom and Active E.I.S.
In addition to an optical 5x zoom, the New High-Quality Image Engine of the HX-WA2 lets you shoot videos with a maximum 15x Intelligent Zoom* with no image quality degradation. Active E.I.S. enables handheld zooming without blurring. You get a flexible shooting range, from wide-angle to dynamic zooming.
* When using the 15x Zoom, switching is required by pressing the Double Range Zoom button. When the Active E.I.S. is turned on, the zoom is 12x. When shooting photos, the maximum zoom is 5x.
Makes optimal settings automatically.
iA (Intelligent Auto) for Video Recording
This powerful function senses the shooting conditions and automatically makes the settings and activates functions that will deliver optimal results. iA does the bothersome settings for you and makes it easy to capture beautiful, well-focused images.
* The functions included in iA may not be applied when conditions do not call for them.
- Active E.I.S.
- The new 4-axis correction ensures beautiful images with minimal blurring even in highly active situations. Its effects extend to a variety of shooting styles, such as zooming and shooting while walking.
- Intelligent Scene Selector
The Intelligent Scene Selector function analyzes the shooting situation and automatically switches the camcorder to the suitable scene mode that will give you optimal results.
- This mode captures faces beautifully. With Soft Skin mode, complexions are automatically enhanced to make faces attractive.
- This mode is ideal for shooting wide landscapes and sweeping vistas, such as at the ocean or in the mountains. It balances the exposure over the entire frame to prevent brighter parts of the image, such as the sky, from being washed out or having blown highlights.
- The camcorder automatically uses this mode for scenes with particularly strong contrast, such as when you're shooting a spot lit area on a darkened stage. It captures the well-lit subject perfectly and prevents washed-out areas.
- In dim lighting, the camcorder automatically switches to a slower shutter speed so that images across the entire frame are bright and easy to see.
- The faces are darkened by backlighting, and slightly out of focus.
- The faces are bright and perfectly in focus.
- Face Detection
Face Detection automatically senses the ambient lighting and adjusts the exposure accordingly, so faces are bright and easy to see. The focus also prioritizes the faces, and skin tones are smoothed.
Record lifelike audio.
The HX-WA2 uses a waterproof microphone that lets sound pass through while keeping water out. It lets you record videos with lifelike stereo sound virtually anywhere, even underwater.