Intuitive shooting, easy viewing
3.5" Wide 3D-Compatible LCD* with Intuitive Touch Operation
The X900/X900M feature a 1,152,000-dot 8.8-cm/3.5-inch wide 3D-compatible LCD. This makes it possible to shoot 3D images while checking 3D effects without having to use any special equipment. The X800 has a 7.5-cm/3.0-inch wide LCD. Both models offer intuitive touch operation. When shooting, you can use Touch Zoom to instantly zoom in and out by simply touching with a fingertip, and Touch Shutter to automatically focus when shooting still images by simply touching the subject on the screen. For playback, you can also change thumbnail pages by sliding a fingertip across the screen. You get smooth, intuitive operation and don't have to take your eyes off of the LCD screen.* HC-X900/X900M only.
- Touch Zooming
- You can easily zoom in and zoom
out by simply touching the LCD
with your fingertips.
- Touch Shutter
- You can touch the subject on the LCD screen to instantly focus on it and takes a still picture.
- Touch for Playback
- You can flip through thumbnail pages, display one of the thumbnail scenes, and more, with fingertip operation.
Auto Power LCD *
The LCD brightness can be adjusted manually to suit the surroundings. In Auto Mode, the LCD brightness is adjusted automatically in 16 smooth steps depending on the surroundings.* HC-X800 only.
Wide Viewing Angle LCD*
The LCD has a viewing angle of 170°, both vertically and horizontally. Images are clear and bright even when viewed from an angle, so everyone can gather around the LCD to enjoy on-the-spot recordings.* Only when shooting 2D images.
Expressive performance with detailed.
0.24" Electronic Viewfinder and Interface *
This 263,424-dot equivalent / 0.24-inch viewfinder is easy to use and convenient for focusing and other adjustments. You can enjoy more professional shooting with handy functions.* HC-X900/X900M only.
- Electronic Viewfinder
- The extendable electronic viewfinder is easy to use and convenient for focusing and other adjustments.
- Mic and Headphone Terminal
- There's a mic input terminal and a headphone jack on the side of the camcorder. Plug in an external mic or headphones (both optional) if desired.
- Accessory Shoe
- Optional accessories can be attached here to increase shooting versatility.
Makes optimal settings automatically - for both motion and still images.
iA (Intelligent Auto)
This powerful function senses the shooting conditions and automatically makes the settings and activates functions that will deliver optimal results. With both motion and still images, iA does the bothersome settings for you and makes it easy to capture beautiful, well-focused images.
* The functions included in iA may not be
applied when conditions do not call for them.
Great for sudden photo opportunities! Saves energy too!
Approx. 1-sec Quick Power-On
Switch the power on and the HD camcorders are in standby mode in approx. 1 second,* ready to shoot when you are. When the LCD is closed, the power automatically switches off. This fast startup and automatic shutdown also help reduce battery consumption. * Depending on the recording conditions, start time may be longer than 1 second.
0.6-sec Quick Start
Using Quick Start mode, you simply flip open the LCD and you're ready to shoot in just 0.6 seconds.* When Eco mode is also used, the power turns off whenever the camcorder has not been operated for 5 minutes. This reduces wasted power consumption, and enables a longer battery life. * Depending on the recording conditions, start time may be longer than 0.6 seconds.
A precise way to check the lighting.
Ideal for making fine brightness adjustments that are difficult to see in the LCD.
A handy guide for correcting the exposure is shown right in the monitor.
- Zebra Pattern
- A "zebra pattern" is displayed in areas of the frame where the lighting is excessive and the image is over-exposed.
- Brightness Level
- The light level is metered at the center of the frame and displayed as a percentage (%). This serves as a guide when you're shooting a subject that's backlit, or when you want to keep the light level the same even though the lighting conditions change.
- The histogram displays in graph form the exposure and contrast conditions over the entire frame. This lets you determine fine gradation details that are difficult to tell by just looking at the screen.
Ideal for Mac and PC users.
The X900/X900M/X800 lets you record videos in the iFrame. With iFrame, the video in your camera is the same format you'll edit, so it's fast to import and edit with compatible video editing software. iFrame is based on standards, so it works with a number of applications – such as iMovie.
Adjusts the focus easily.
This function shows which subjects are in-focus by displaying their outlines in blue. You can easily check the focus on LCD when manually focusing, to ensure consistently clear, sharp images.
Supports your best composition.
Composition Guide Lines
With wide LCD monitors, it's hard to keep images perfectly level. The X900/X900MX800 solves this by displaying horizontal and vertical Composition Guide Lines that make it easy to keep the subject straight and level.
No more lost lens caps.
Auto Lens Cover
When the power is turned on, the lens cover automatically opens. When the power goes off, the lens cover closes.
You don't have to keep removing and replacing a lens cap - or worry about losing it.
Easy time setting - Both on the destination and at home.
The displayed map lets you easily set the time for the location you want. Setting the time is as easy as selecting a city from the displayed map. The World Time function lets you set the time for two cities, home and destination. You don't have to figure out the time difference at your destination, and it's easy when you get home.
. All monitor and TV pictures are simulated.