Play a compilation of the most exciting scenes.
Advanced Highlight Playback
Select the days of the recordings you want to see, and this innovative function automatically selects the most exciting scenes, arranges them, plays them with music, and save them, or ones that the user has personally selected, according to a set time interval. It decides how exciting a scene is, based on zooming, panning, and scene changes, and whether there are faces. The X900/X900M/X800 has both advanced with the addition of playback effects that include slow motion, still image fading, and flash playback. Four image effect modes* – natural, pop, dynamic and classical – have also been added. Set different effects based on the mood of your images, and enjoy memorable scenes just the way you remember them when shooting. The Face Highlight Playback mode places priority on selecting the faces of subjects who are registered in the Face Recognition function, for quick playback of the scenes where they are clearly recorded, together with music.* Only during playback with the main unit.
Playback image effect mode
Enjoy more impressive highlight playback with natural switching effects.
View highlight playback of the images you've taken, together with a variety of fun effects.
Enjoy highlight playback with speedy, dynamic effects.
Enjoy highlight playback with dramatic effects applied mainly to your subject's faces.
Variety of index for easy selection of particular scenes.
Face Highlight, Highlight and Time Frame Index
The index function has been enhanced with the addition of a feature that divides each recorded
scene into a number of smaller scenes, and displays thumbnails for each. This makes it much
easier to find a particular part of a scene without having to fast-forward.
- Face Highlight Index
- The Face Highlight Index selects scenes that have faces in them and displays them in an index format. This handy function lets you quickly find and view scenes that have people in them.
- Highlight Index
- The camera automatically selects and displays the most exciting scenes. It determines the level of importance of each scene based on zooming and panning, and whether there are faces. This gives you an easy, convenient way to view all the highlights together.
- Time Frame Index
- This mode divides each recorded clip into 3-second, 6-second, 12-second, 1-minute and 5-minute intervals, and displays them. This is convenient when you want to find a specific scene within a long clip.
Easily watching with connect a cable - or just use the memory card.
Easy Connecting, Easy Viewing
Just connect your HD camcorder to an HDTV and get ready for an incredible high-definition
video show. If your TV is HDMI* compatible, a single HDMI mini cable is all you need. When
using a video component cable, you need a separate audio cable. * HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of
HDMI Licensing LLC.
- VIERA Link
- Connect your HD camcorder to a VIERA* or compatible Blu-ray Disc™ Player* via an HDMI mini cable, and you can control both units in synchronized operation with a single remote control. This kind of simple, easy operation makes it enjoyable to view your recordings.
* Availability of models may differ depending on the country.
* With VIERA Link, a control signal sent through the HDMI cable allows linked operation of a VIERA TV, compatible DIGA DVD recorder, and the HD camcorder. Please note that this function applies only to equipment that is compatible with VIERA Link, and that VIERA Link does not let you control every function of all connected equipment.
- Playback with SD Card
- Just slip the SD card from your camcorder into the SD card slot on your VIERA TV* or Blu-ray Disc™ Player,* and you're ready to view Full-HD moving images recorded.
* Availability of models may differ depending on the country.
The models availability varies depending on countries and regions. JPEG format still images can be viewed with other SD Memory Card Slot-equipped models.
Copy in Full-HD 1080/60p (50p), Full-HD 1080/60i (50i), or MPEG-2 Format
Archiving and Playback
The HD camcorders have a USB Host function that lets you connect directly to a DVD burner
via a USB cable. Then just press a button and you can copy the moving images you recorded
from the SD card or Built-in Memory to a DVD disc.* * Except for 1080/60p (50p) recording format.
** AVCHD compatible models.
- Easy AVCHD to MPEG-2 Conversion
- You can make a copy either in the original high-definition AVCHD format,* or in the standard-definition DVD-Video (MPEG-2) format. Choose the one that matches your playback equipment.* Except for 1080/60p (50p) recording format.
- Archiving 1080/60p (50p) Data with a PC or Blu-ray Disc™ Recorder***
- You can save 1080/60p (50p) video data onto a Blu-ray Disc™ by using a PC or Blu-ray Disc™ Recorder.*** *** Available only for Spring 2012 or newer models.
Playback with a DVD burner
To view the disc you just burned, simply connect the HD camcorder to an HDTV via an HDMI mini cable. • The 12-cm DVD discs that you create with a DVD burner can be played on a Blu-ray Disc™ Player.
Use your PC and included software HD Writer AE 4.1
Editing, Archiving and YouTube™ or Facebook™ Uploading
HD Writer AE 4.1 software, included with the camcorder, makes it easy to play or edit videos on your PC and have more fun when the shooting's done. Also, the ordinarily time-consuming task of converting and archiving data from 60p* to AVCHD or MPEG-2 format can be easily done at high speed by connecting the 3MOS camcorder to a PC with a USB cable and using the camcorder's Conversion Assist function. * 50p for PAL area.
Also Enjoyable When the Shooting's Done
For further information
about Panasonic PC
- Importing Data
- When the camcorder is connected to a PC, the software automatically starts up. Importing data takes only a few clicks of the mouse.
- Easy YouTube™ and Facebook™ Uploading
- The videos you've recorded are easily uploaded to YouTube™ or Facebook™ in their original high quality. HD Writer AE 4.1 lets you share your videos worldwide.
- Along with the full editing functions such as adding titles, rearrangement scenes, transition effects, and editing images, a Timeline mode has also been added. This allows a timeline to be displayed with a storyboard, for highly accurate editing while fine-tuning the timing of video images. The playback timing of background music can also be finely adjusted to enable precise insertion.
- Short Movie Story
- The newly added Short Movie Story function makes it possible to transform still images and videos into dramatic short videos. Once the still images/videos, a theme, and background music are selected, the software takes over to automatically produce the movie. When completed, you can save the video onto a disc in HD image quality, or easily upload it to YouTube™ or Facebook™.
- Video Retouch
- Video Retouch is a new function that lets you decorate images with text, graphic painting or stamp pens. By using a game-like approach to add an extra editing touch to finished images, they become even more attractive and enjoyable.
- Make a copy either in the original high-definition AVCHD format, or in the standard-definition DVD-Video (MPEG-2) format.
• About HD Writer AE 4.1:
Even if the system requirements mentioned in these operating instructions are fulfilled, some personal computers cannot be used.
This software is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows NT and Windows 2000.
Supplied CD-ROM is available for Windows only.
Operation on an upgraded OS is not guaranteed.
When 2 or more USB devices are connected to a PC, or when devices are connected through USB hubs or by using extension cables, proper operation is not guaranteed.
Operation on an OS other than the one pre-installed is not guaranteed.
This software does not support the multi-boot environments.
This software does not support the multi-monitor environments.
Operation is not guaranteed on Windows XP Media Center Edition, Tablet PC Edition, Windows Vista Enterprise or Windows 7 Enterprise.
Available with administrator account in Windows XP.
Available with administrator account or standard account in Windows Vista / Windows 7 (Installation and uninstallation of the software requires an administrator account.)
• Microsoft®, Windows®, Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
• YouTube™ and the YouTube Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
• Facebook and the Facebook logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
• iMovie and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
• Intel, Pentium, Celeron and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
• Other names of systems and products mentioned in these instructions are usually the registered trademarks or trademarks of the manufacturers who developed the system or product concerned.
• All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
. All monitor and TV pictures are simulated.