The MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) compensates for the blurring caused by hand-shake. Even slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times per second, and compensated to produce sharp, clear images.
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots and capture moments.
Gyrosensors detect hand-shaking and the O.I.S. lens shifts to compensate, helping prevent blurring caused by hand-shaking.
The Intelligent ISO Control function detects subject movement and automatically adjusts the ISO setting and shutter speed to best suit the movement and light conditions.
The Face Detection function detects faces anywhere in the frame and automatically chooses the optimal focus and exposure. The Face Detection also features the Digital Red-eye Correction (Red-eye Removal).
The Intelligent Scene Selector senses the ambient conditions and automatically selects any of the Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait*3, Night Scenery or Sunset Mode accordingly.
The Happy Mode optimizes color, saturation and brightness to make images more vivid and true to the color of the scene you remember.
The Intelligent Exposure corrects the brightness in parts of the image that are too dark due to insufficient lighting, backlighting or use of the flash. This produces natural images that are close to the way they actually look to the human eye.
*1 The MEGA O.I.S., Intelligent ISO Control, Face Detection AF/AE, and Intelligent Exposure are automatically turned on in the iA Mode and can be turned on or off in the Normal Picture Mode or some Scene Modes.
*2 With some subject and shooting conditions, it is just not possible to judge the best shooting details. When this happens, it is recommended that you shoot with the Scene Mode that best suits your purpose.
*3 In the iA Mode, the Night Portrait is not identified when the flash is turned off.
The DMC-FH4(FS28), 14.1-megapixel high-resolution, features a 28mm wide-angle lens* with 4x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 28-112mm). The 28mm wide-angle lens lets you easily capture large groups of people indoors or expansive architectural structures and scenes with dynamic width and rich perspective, even from short distances.
* Converted to standard 35mm camera equivalent, at the wide-end.
Great lenses make great cameras
The iA Zoom (Intelligent Zoom) is an extensive zoom function using digital zoom, however, you can even draw the subject 2x closer than the original optical zoom with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. This means the 4x optical can virtually extend to 8x equivalent.
The DMC-FH4(FS28) can record motion images in high-definition (1,280 x 720 pixels at 30 fps in Motion JPEG format).
• QuickTime Motion JPEG. • Some lens movement sounds may be recorded. • In Motion Picture Mode, the length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. (Up to the equivalent of 2 GB per motion-image recording.) • For Europe, motion images can be recorded continuously for up to 15 minutes. • Use a card with SD Speed Class* with “Class 6” or higher when recording motion images. * SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
* The video is optimized for web view by file conversion.
The Panorama Shot Mode makes it is possible to shoot a horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous image.
The Auto Retouch function adjusts contrast and brightness to give different impression to the photo with just a press of a button. Appropriate retouch is automatically applied depending on the image – if the image was shot too dark, it can be clear and bright to look it nicer with this function.
Sonic Speed AF: This gives the camera super high-speed response that helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities.
2.7-inch LCD: The large LCD serves as a small photo and video viewer, allowing you and friends to enjoy viewing images.
Intelligent LCD: The Intelligent LCD automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions.
4 Aspect Ratios: In addition to 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9, you can shoot with a 1:1 aspect ratio.
LUMIX Image Uploader: You can upload photos to Facebook™ and videos to YouTube™ with simple operation.
Battery Life: The energy-saving Venus Engine and the efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you take approx. 280 shots on a single battery charge*.* Based on the CIPA standard.
Built-in Memory 70MB: The built-in memory provides extra memory when your memory card fills up.
PHOTOfunSTUDIO: The PHOTOfunSTUDIO smartly sorts your photos and movies into practical folders for quick, easy management.
• Availability of models, colors, product number (DMC-FH4 or DMC-FS28), product design and optional accessories may differ depending on the country or region. Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region.
• SDXC Logo is a trademark of SD-3C,LLC.
• SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
• If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
• YouTube is a registered trademark or trademark of Google Inc.
• Facebook is a registered trademark or trademark of Facebook, Inc.
• iPhoto, Mac, and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Works with iPhoto logo is a trademark of Apple Inc.