Head on this page.
LUMIX Global TOP > COMPACT CAMERAS > FP7/FP5 > Great Images with the High-performance Venus Engine
The high-speed, high-performance Venus Engine for the DMC-FP7/FP5 enables the recording of beautiful images with higher quality signal processing including the Intelligent Resolution technology.
An advanced noise reduction system in the Venus Engine applies noise reduction (NR) to luminance noise and chromatic noise separately. As a result, beautiful images with minimal noise can be reproduced all the way up to ISO 1600 high sensitivity at full resolution for beautiful night shots or dimly lit indoor shots.
Sonic Speed AF
The Sonic Speed AF system includes numerous re-engineering enhancements, including a higher-speed actuator, optimized algorithms and parallel software processing. The result is fast and accurate AF performance.
In addition, the DMC-FP7/FP5 features dramatically speedier focusing that is approx. 41% faster than our previous model.* You can quickly focus on moving subjects, such as when you're shooting sports scenes.
* Compared with the previous DMC-FP3/FP2. The zoom is in the wide setting range. This refers to the time from pressing the shutter button until exposure begins. Using a Panasonic measurement method.
Fast Start-up Time
The parallel processing of software resulted in ultra high-speed start-up.
Short Release Time Lag
The shutter release time lag is as short as approx. 0.006 second (FP7) / 0.005 second (FP5), making it easy to capture sudden, spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities.
The image processing technology “Intelligent Resolution*” is incorporated in the Venus Engine for the DMC-FP7/FP5.
With the Intelligent Resolution technology, 3 areas - outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas - are automatically detected and optimum signal processes are performed to each area. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology Intelligent Resolution precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way for it.
As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp.
* The Intelligent Resolution function turns ON in the iA Mode or in some Scene Modes.
In other cases, turn ON the Intelligent Resolution from the menu to activate it.
3 areas – outlines , detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas – are automatically detected and optimum signal processes are performed to each area.
Enhanced effectively to give edges more clearness.
Given moderate accentuation to look more finely detailed.
Superior noise reduction system of the Venus Engine is applied to make it smoother.
You can see individual trees and the smooth, rich gradation of plants and the sky.
You can distinguish the intricate detail of delicate feather patterns.
The tiniest details are sharply rendered, and their luster is clearly shown.
The Intelligent Resolution technology realizes the Intelligent Zoom*, which virtually extends the optical zoom ratio to its 1.3x equivalent (approx.) maintaining the picture quality even combining the digital zoom. This means the 4x optical can virtually extend to 5x.
* The Intelligent Zoom function turns ON in the iA Mode or in some Scene Modes. In other cases, turn ON the Intelligent Zoom from the menu to activate it.
The graininess that results from picture noise and the flatness that sometimes comes with noise reduction measures are major concerns when shooting at high sensitivity levels. The Intelligent Resolution minimizes noise to produce sharp, clear images.
Intelligent Resolution Technology Excels
Like These Scene Modes
To raise the image quality, the Intelligent Resolution automatically activates for modes in which the shooting resolution drops to 3-megapixel or less, such as the High-speed Burst Shooting, Photo Frame, and High-sensitivity Modes.
The energy-saving Venus Engine image processing engine and the efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery – which has been slimmed down to fit into thinner camera bodies – work together to extend the shooting time of the DMC-FP7/FP5. This lets users take approx. 240 shots (FP7) / 260 shots (FP5) on a single battery charge*.
* Based on the CIPA standard.
• Batteries made by other companies which have been certified by Panasonic may be used with these units, but we offer no guarantee as to the quality, performance or safety of such batteries. • Exercise care when purchasing batteries. Many fake or imitation batteries have been found among those sold at unusually low prices and those which customers cannot check for themselves before purchasing. • Please confirm the latest information about batteries on the following website.
(This website is in English only.)
Unlimited Consecutive Shooting
The Unlimited*1 Consecutive Shooting function lets you snap off consecutive shots at approx. 1.4 frames per second (FP7) / approx. 1.5 frames per second (FP5) until the memory card is full. You can take a series of shots, then choose the one you like the best and delete the rest. You can also select High-speed Burst Mode*2 or Flash Burst Mode*2 from Scene Mode.
• The burst speed values given above apply when the shutter speed is 1/60 or faster and when the flash is not activated. The number of recordable images depends on the memory card size and battery life. The burst speed is constant regardless of the transfer speed of the card.
• The number of recordable images depends on the memory card size and battery life.
*1 The consecutive shooting speed varies depending on the memory card. The number of recordable images depends on the memory card size, battery life, image size, and compression.
*2 In 3-megapixel (4:3), 2.5-megapixel (3:2), 2-megapixel (16:9), 2.5-megapixel (1:1) recording.
• Product design varies depending on the sales area.
• Availability of models and colors may differ depending on the country.
• Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the LUMIX models, colors, and optional accessories that are available in your market.
Return to Top