• QuickTime Motion JPEG. • Some lens movement sounds may be recorded. • In Motion Picture Mode, the length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. (Up to the equivalent of 2 GB per motion-image recording.) • For Europe, motion images can be recorded continuously for up to 15 minutes. • Use a card with SD Speed Class* with “Class 6” or higher when recording motion images. * SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
The Cosmetic Mode allows to take portraits with favored skin color (soft skin, natural skin, summer look) and degree of transparency of skin detail (low, standard, high). This makes it possible to take portraits with different impression of skin. For example, you can look yourself suntanned even if you’re not, or you can defocus the unwanted wrinkles or mottles like have underlight for studio photoshoot.
* simulated images.
* LUMIX Image Uploader starts up automatically on the computer the supplied software "PHOTOfunSTUDIO Ver. 6.0" or later is installed.
In other case, start up the menu by double-clicking the file “LUMIXUP.EXE” in the folder below:
[My Computer] > [Removable Disk] > DCIM > AD_LUMIX  (Windows)
• YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
• Facebook and the Facebook logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
3.0-inch, 3:2 LCD with 230,000-dot High-resolution LCD (FP5)
The DMC-FP5 features a 3.0-inch 3:2 Intelligent LCD with 230,000-dot high-resolution and High-angle Mode.
High-speed Burst Mode
* In 3-megapixel (4:3), 2.5-megapixel (3:2), 2-megapixel (16:9), 2.5-megapixel (1:1) recording. The consecutive shooting speed varies depending on the memory card. The number of recordable image depends on the memory card size, battery life, image size, and compression.
You can pull subjects even closer than the closest point possible with the wide-angle setting by using 3x digital zoom, and capture dramatic close-ups.
Selectable Focus Icon
When using 11-area AF, the camera automatically determines the most appropriate AF area from the eleven points. This ensures accurate focusing even for difficult compositions. You can also select the AF setting from Face AF, AF Tracking or 1-area AF. With the DMC-FP7/FP5, you can select the icon from among 6 types that appears when the shutter button is pressed half-way.
Select from 4 Aspect Ratios – Newly Added 1:1 Aspect Mode
*1 4,608 x 3,072 pixels (FP7), 4,320 x 2,880 pixels (FP5).
*2 4,608 x 2,592 pixels (FP7), 4,320 x 2,432 pixels (FP5).
*3 3,456 x 3,456 pixels (FP7), 3,232 x 3,232 pixels (FP5).
• Some examples used on this product page were taken with the cooperation of ArtGrace Wedding Coast, BEST BRIDAL INC.