1920 x 1080 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) Full HD Video in AVCHD Progressive Format
There are always two options to record spur-of-the-moment scenes – high-quality photos or videos. You can simply choose the one that saves precious memories most beautifully. Now the DMC-FZ150 records high-resolution full HD 1,920 x 1,080 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) with 28 Mbps videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4 / H.264) format.
A special, dedicated button lets you instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra settings.
Learn more about AVCHD
1080/60p / 1080/50p (progressive) conveys about twice the information of 1080i (interlace) recording. Whereas interlacing requires two images to produce a complete picture, the progressive method records a single image as a complete picture. It creates intricate detail and silky smooth motion. Even when subjects move quickly, afterimages are minimized to create more natural images. The progressive method is most effective when shooting designs where more patterns tend to occur, or when capturing sports scenes.
Only half of the image data is reproduced in each picture.
Reproduces all of image data in a single picture.
* These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23°C (73.4°F) and a humidity of 50%RH. The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON]/[OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation, etc.
• Motion pictures can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds in European PAL areas. In other region, motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. • Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB. • The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. •Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos. * SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
The Active Mode effectively suppresses blur in video recording especially at wide angle while walking or playing with your children. In addition, it's an optical system so there's no image degradation. It‘s especially good for active video shooting.
High Quality Sound
Incorporating a stereo zoom microphone, the videos also come with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, to offer highly realistic sound to the video. Mechanical noise caused by a zooming operation is suppressed to improve the clearness.
• Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
The DMC-FZ150 supports the optional Stereo Microphone DMW-MS1, which clearly captures distant sounds in superb quality to make the HD videos taken by the DMC-FZ150 even more lifelike.
Auto Wind Cut Function
The Auto Wind Cut function is also available to block out most of the noise from background wind automatically making the human voice to stand out.
MP4 Format Recording
The DMC-FZ150 can record videos in MP4 format. This format is suitable for editing videos on a computer or uploading those to websites. Resolution can be selected among 1,920 x 1,080 (20Mbps), 1,280 x 720 (10Mbps), and 640 x 480 (4Mbps), all at 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL).
Creative Control and Photo Style
You can use the new Creative Control and Photo Style for shooting videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch*.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect in Creative Control Mode and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long.)
* The video is optimized for web view by file conversion.
Creative Video Mode
The Creative Video Mode gives you a wider range of expressive possibilities to explore. Changing the shutter speed brings special effects to videos, which is especially suitable for shooting fast-moving subjects. The ability to control the aperture is convenient when there are several subjects at different distances and it is desired to have each of them stand out.
This function lets you record high-speed videos at 220 fps in QVGA size (320 x 240 pixels). That means you can capture the moment the soccer ball finds the net. Or the moment that a tennis racket strikes the ball. You can even capture scenes that can't be seen with the naked eye, and play them back in dramatic slow motion.
Versatile Video Function: The iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode and Scene Mode are available in video recording.
Still Image Recording: It is possible to take still image while recording video simultaneously*.
* The picture size is fixed to 3.5-megapixel (16:9).
Cut Animation: You can cut out a clear still image from a video in the camera thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology.
Video Divide: You can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera.
• Availability of models, product design and optional accessories may differ depending on the country or region. Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region.