The Intelligent Zoom is an extensive zoom function using digital zoom with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. The 10x optical can virtually extend to 20x equivalent.
The DMC-SZ3 boasts the quick start-up time. Together with the Sonic Speed AF, the DMC-SZ3 never misses the most fleeting shooting opportunities.
• QuickTime Motion JPEG. • Some lens movement sounds may be recorded. • In Motion Picture Mode, the length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. (Up to the equivalent of 2 GB per motion-image recording.) • [For Europe] Motion pictures can be recorded continuously for up to 15 minutes. Also, continuous recording exceeding 2GB is not possible. Remaining time for continuous recording is displayed on the screen. • [For other regions] Motion pictures can be recorded continuously up to 2 GB. The maximum available recording time for up to 2 GB only is displayed on the screen. • Use a card with SD Speed Class* with “Class 6” or higher when recording motion images. * SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
* Based on the CIPA standard.
- The Intelligent LCD automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions.
- In addition to 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9, you can shoot with a unique, square-shaped 1:1 aspect ratio.
- A total of 14 Scene Modes set the most appropriate parameter in wide-ranging situations. More information
- The 90MB built-in memory provides extra memory when your memory card fills up.
- The PHOTOfunSTUDIO smartly sorts your images into practical folders for quick, easy management.