With waterproof performance to a depth of 12m equivalent to the "IPX8" and "IP6X" standard, the DMC-TS4(FT4) supports active shooting on a beach, underwater or in a pool. If the camera gets dirty, soil and dust can be washed off by using water.
The DMC-TS4(FT4) is shockproof from a height up to 2m in accordance with the "MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock" test standard. It lets you shoot actively while moving around with the camera in one hand.
The DMC-TS4(FT4) is dustproof equivalent to the "IPX8" and "IP6X" standard. While hiking or playing sports, fine dust particles can enter through gaps in the camera body and cause malfunction. The DMC-TS4(FT4) can be used in these activities without problems.
With freezeproof to
-10 degrees C, the DMC-TS4(FT4) supports shooting while skiing, snowboarding or skating.
The altitude gains higher accuracy by using GPS data with DMC-TS4(FT4). The barometric trend is available which helps users to forecast the climate and the log of altimeter log tells how high he/she was.
*1 The information of Landmark may not be displayed depending on the country or region.
*2 The information of videos is recorded in the maker note for the AVCHD / MP4 files.
• GPS may not work in China or in the border regions of countries neighboring China.
• Depending on the locations, it may not be possible to correctly receive the signals from the GPS satellites. In such cases, positioning may not be possible, or significant positioning discrepancy may occur.
• Information measured on this unit is only a rough indication. Do not use it for technical purposes.
• When using this unit for full-scale mountain climbing, trekking, or underwater, use the measured information (bearing, altitude, depth, atmospheric pressure) only as a rough indication, and always carry a map and purpose-built measurement tools.
The DMC-TS4(FT4) is compatible with the optional marine case. This will protect your LUMIX all the way to a depth of 40 meters. It lets you take clear, beautiful photos underwater.
This camera’s waterproof/dustproof rating complies with the “IPX8” and “IP6X” ratings. Provided the care and maintenance guidelines described in this document are strictly followed, this camera can operate underwater, to a depth not exceeding 12 m (40 feet) for a time not exceeding 60 minutes.*1
This camera also complies with “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock”. The camera has cleared a drop test from a height of 2 m (6.6 feet) onto 3 cm (0.1 feet) thick plywood. In most cases this camera should not sustain any damage if dropped from a height not exceeding 2 m (6.6 feet).*2
This does not guarantee no destruction, no malfunction, or waterproofing in all conditions.
*1 This means that the camera can be used underwater for specified time in specified pressure in accordance with the handling method established by Panasonic.
*2 “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock” is the test method standard of the U.S. Defense Department, which specifies performing drop tests from a height of 122 cm (4 feet), at 26 orientations (8 corners, 12 ridges, 6 faces) using 5 sets of devices, and passing the 26 orientation drops within 5 devices. (If failure occurs during the test, a new set is used to pass the drop orientation test within a total of 5 devices)
Panasonic’s test method is based on the above “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock”.
However, the drop height was changed from 122 cm (4 feet) to 200 cm (6.6 feet) dropping onto 3 cm (0.1 feet) thick plyboard. This drop test was passed. (Disregarding appearance change such as loss of paint or distortion of the part where drop impact is applied.)
Handling of the camera
• Waterproofing is not guaranteed if the unit is subject to an impact as a result of being hit or dropped etc. If an impact to the camera occurs, it should be inspected (subject to a fee) by a Panasonic’s Service Centre to verify that the waterproofing is still effective.
• When the camera is splashed with detergent, soap, hot spring, bath additive, sun oil, sun screen, chemical, etc., wipe it off immediately.
• Waterproof function of the camera is for sea water and fresh water only.
• Any malfunction caused by customer misuse, or mishandling will not be covered by the warranty.
• The inside of this unit is not waterproof. Water leakage will cause malfunction.
• Supplied accessories are not waterproof (excluding Hand Strap).
• Card and battery are not waterproof. Do not handle with a wet hand. Also, do not insert wet card or battery into the camera.
• Do not leave the camera for a long period of time in places where temperature is very low (at ski resorts or at high altitude etc.) or very high [above 40℃ (104 °F)], inside a car under strong sunlight, close to a heater, on the beach, etc. Waterproof performance may be degraded.