The DMC-TS5(FT5) is compatible with the optional marine case. This will protect your LUMIX all the way to a depth of 45 meters. It lets you take clear, beautiful photos underwater.
In addition to the Altimeter logging function, the DMC-TS5(FT5) records GPS logging. This allows memorizing travelling distance which can be displayed on the Google Earth application.
* Simulated image.
• The GPS function is not available in China.
Enjoy flexible shoot, view and share.
The Wi-Fi® connectivity (IEEE802.11 b/g/n) makes your life fun and easy.
The Wi-Fi Direct™ function allows direct playback of images on the DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) - compliant VIERA HDTV*2.
*1 This function can be used with NFCcompatiblesmartphones / tablets.
*2 Using [Playback on TV] of the Wi-Fi function, you can display images on a TVthat supports the Digital Media Renderer (DMR) function of the DLNA standardand Wi-Fi Direct™. Please check the following website about the compatibledevices for details.
With the Panasonic’s exclusive Cloud Sync. Service, images can be synchronized among the compliant electronic devices you use.
The DMC-TS5(FT5) has a 3.0-inch 460K-dot LCD with a 100% field of view. LUMIX's acclaimed Intelligent LCD function also automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions. It lets you share the fun of viewing images with family and friends, too.
Waterproof / Dustproof Performance
This camera's waterproof / dustproof rating complies with the “IPX8" and “IP6X" ratings. Provided the care and maintenance guidelines described in this document are strictly followed, this camera can operate underwater, to a depth not exceeding 13 m (43 feet) for a time not exceeding 60 minutes.*1
This camera also complies with “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock". The camera has cleared a drop test from a height of 2 m (6.6 feet) onto 3 cm (0.1 feet) thick plywood. In most cases this camera should not sustain any damage if dropped from a height not exceeding 2 m (6.6 feet).*2
Withstand Load Performance
This camera complies with 100 kgf/220.5 lbf load tests. *3
This does not guarantee no destruction, no malfunction, or waterproofing in all conditions.
*1 This means that the camera can be used underwater for specified time in specified pressure in accordance with the handling method established by Panasonic.
*2 “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock" is the test method standard of the U.S. Defense Department, which specifies performing drop tests from a height of 122 cm (4 feet), at 26 orientations (8 corners, 12 ridges, 6 faces) using 5 sets of devices, and passing the 26 orientation drops within 5 devices. (If failure occurs during the test, a new set is used to pass the drop orientation test within a total of 5 devices) Panasonic's test method is based on the above “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock". However, the drop height was changed from 122 cm (4 feet) to 200 cm (6.6 feet) dropping onto 3 cm (0.1 feet) thick playboard. This drop test was passed. (Disregarding appearance change such as loss of paint or distortion of the part where drop impact is applied.)
*3 According to the test method specified by Panasonic.
Handling of the Camera
• Waterproofing is not guaranteed if the unit is subject to an impact as a result of being hit or dropped etc. If an impact to the camera occurs, it should be inspected (subject to a fee) by Panasonic to verify that the waterproofing is still effective.
• When the camera is splashed with detergent, soap, hot spring, bath additive, sun oil, sun screen, chemical, etc., wipe it off immediately.
• Waterproof function of the camera is for sea water and fresh water only.
• Any malfunction caused by customer misuse, or mishandling will not be covered by the warranty.
• The inside of this unit is not waterproof. Water leakage will cause malfunction.
• Supplied accessories are not waterproof.
• Card and battery are not waterproof. Do not handle with a wet hand. Also, do not insert wet card or battery into the camera.
• Do not leave the camera for a long period of time in places where the temperature is very low (such as at ski resorts or high altitudes) or where the temperature may exceed 40 degrees C (104 degrees F) (such as inside cars in strong sunlight, close to a heater, on boats, or on the beach). (Waterproof performance may become degraded.)
About “Red Color Reproduction”
[Ichikawa Soft Laboratory] has studied color loss in water based on the results of measurements of a large number of color samples actually conducted in the ocean, and has developed [Natural Light Technology] (Natural Light Technology) to reproduce vivid, accurate colors based on ongoing research into color reproduction of pictures taken underwater.*
[Color Reproduction] in the [Rec] menu and [Color Reproduction] under [Retouch] in the [Playback] menu make use of this technology.
* “Natural Light Technology" is the technology behind “SILKYPIX Marine Photography", Ichikawa Soft Laboratory's digital reproduction software designed for underwater pictures.