MP4: Optimal for viewing or editing on a computer.
*1 Full HD (1,920 × 1,080) videos in AVCHD format are output by the image sensor at 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL), and recorded at 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL). *2 These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23°C (73.4°F) and a humidity of 50%RH. The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON]/[OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation, etc.
• [For Europe and some Asian PAL areas] Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB. • [For other areas] Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] in [FHD / 60i] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD] [VGA] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB. • The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. •Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos. * SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect in Creative Control Mode and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long.)
* The video is optimized for web view by file conversion.
- While shooting an HD video, simply press the shutter button and the camera will shoot a photo with 3.5-megapixel resolution (16:9).
- You can cut out a clear still image from a video in the camera thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology.
- With the Video Divide function, you can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera.