The DMC-ZS30(TZ40) can record full HD 1,920 x 1,080 videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. Featuring 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) full HD recording capability, subjects with fast motion or fine details are reproduced clearly.
Recording motion image can be started with a press of an independent motion picture button, which is extremely convenient for you to switch photo / video shooting instantly.
The DMC-ZS30(TZ40) can also record full HD 1,920 x 1,080 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL) videos in MP4 format. This format is suitable for editing videos on a computer or uploading those to websites.
The powerful 20x optical zoom with 2-step zoom function is available in video recording.
1080/60p / 1080/50p (progressive) conveys about twice the information of 1080i (interlace) recording. It creates intricate detail and silky smooth motion. Even when subjects move quickly, afterimages are minimized to create more natural images.
Only half of the image data is reproduced in each picture.
* These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23°C (73.4°F) and a humidity of 50%RH. The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON]/[OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation, etc.
• [For Europe and some Asian PAL areas] Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB. • [For other areas] Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] in [FHD/60p] / [ FHD/60i] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB. • The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. •Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos. * SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
The POWER O.I.S. is upgraded with an inclusion of HYBRID O.I.S. + (Hybrid Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) for video recording with new 5-axis correction that detects and effectively compensates for the camera's 5 types of movement - horizontal, vertical, axis of rotation, vertical rotation and horizontal rotation.
Blurring in the roll direction from shooting while walking is suppressed.
The vertical and horizontal hand-shake that often happens during handheld shooting is suppressed.
Low-frequency blurring, such as hand-shake caused by breathing or from the entire arm, is suppressed.
Newly added Level Shot Function detects the horizontal line of recording image and keeps it even if the camera is tilted. It lets users take stable video even in blind recording such as shooting from high angle.
Unstable one-handed video recording…
The camera detects the horizontal line and corrects it.
You can take perfectly horizontal videos.
Incorporating a stereo zoom microphone, the videos also come with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby® Digital, to offer highly realistic sound to the video. Mechanical noise caused by a zooming operation is suppressed to improve the clearness. Also, the Auto Wind Cut function is also available to block out most of the noise from background wind automatically making the human voice to stand out.
• Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
The DMC-ZS30(TZ40) records high-speed videos at 120 fps (NTSC / HD)* / 100 fps (PAL / HD)* or 240 fps (NTSC / VGA)* / 200 fps (PAL / VGA)* in MP4 format. You can capture scenes that can't be seen with the naked eye, and play them back in dramatic slow motion.
* The recording format is 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL).
* The video is optimized for web view by file conversion.
The Creative Control renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch*.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect in Creative Control Mode and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long.)
While shooting an HD video, simply press the shutter button and the camera will shoot a photo with 13.5-megapixel resolution as it continues to record your video*. This makes sure that you don't miss those decisive moments with either photos or videos, or both.
* The picture aspect ratio will be fixed to 16:9.
You can cut out a clear still image from a video in the camera thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology.
With the Video Divide function, you can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera.