3: Spot-type Noise Suppression
Spot-type noise which can be often seen in the dark area of the image taken in low light situation or color bleeding on high luminance area generated by the chromatic aberration is effectively suppressed.
The newly integrated motion detection circuit elevates the accuracy of motion detection to suppress the noise generated in moving parts more effectively.
Breathtakingly beautiful videos, and clear images cut out from videos.
*1 Full HD (1,920 × 1,080) videos are output by the image sensor at 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL), and recorded at 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL). HD (1,280 × 720) videos are output by the image sensor at 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL), and recorded at 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL). *2 QuickTime Motion JPEG. Continuous recording exceeding 2GB is not possible when recording Motion JPEG. Remaining time for continuous recording is displayed on the screen. *3 These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23°C (73.4°F) and a humidity of 50%RH. The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON]/[OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation, etc. *4 With LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) (bundled lens in the DMC-GF3K / GF3W). *5 LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. (H-PS14042) (bundled lens in the DMC-GF3X). *6 With LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH. (H-H014) (bundled lens in the DMC-GF3C/ GF3W).
• Videos can be recorded continuously for up to 29 min 59 sec in European PAL areas. • The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. • Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos in AVCHD. Also, use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 6" or higher when recording videos in Motion JPEG. *SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
• Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
The Wind Cut function is available to block out most of the noise from background wind. This gives you higher quality sound when taking images on breezy days.
The touch AF in video recording also lets you enjoy professional-like rack focusing. Just by pointing the subject, the focus is shifted to it and let it stand out to attract attention.
* Some functions in the iA Mode will not be available depending on the lens that is mounted.
*1 Not available in AVCHD FSH mode.
*2 Quick Time Motion JPEG.
*3 As digital magnification increases, resolution significantly decreases.
HD Lens is a high performance interchangeable lens that realizes high quality video recording. The lens excels in the performance of tracking focus in video recording while offering silent auto focus and exposure control.
- LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm / F4.0 ASPH.*
- LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.*
- LUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.*
- LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.
- LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S.*
- LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S.*
- LUMIX G FISHEYE 8mm / F3.5*
- LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.*
You can divide a single video into two parts by using only the camera. This is handy for compiling memorable scenes, and deleting unwanted scenes to free up space on your memory card while you are traveling.
You can copy a number of frames during playback of an HD video to produce high-quality photos thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology.