* For a digital interchangeable lens of September 21, 2010.
Two finely customized settings can be stored as My Film settings, for easy recall and use.
The Multi-film Mode, allowing you to produce up to 3 different images, using different film modes at once. Possible to produce both color and black & white photos simultaneously.
*1 When you switch to video, normal motion picture recording is activated.
*2 When you switch to video, the Low Light Mode is activated.
*3 When you switch to video, the Portrait Mode is activated.
* White balance adjustment is not possible in some modes.
You can set the ISO sensitivity to Auto, Intelligent ISO, or 160-12800 in 1/3 EV steps from the ISO button. It allows you to make fine adjustments and achieve the level of image quality you want.
Select ISO 200, 400, 800, 1600 or 3200 as the maximum ISO sensitivity. The maximum sensitivity setting is applied to the Intelligent ISO Control and ISO AUTO functions. This ensures that you'll get the level of image quality you want by letting you set your own limit for ISO sensitivity.
You can adjust the exposure compensation within a range of ±EV 5 in 1/3 EV steps. In Program AE, Aperture-priority, and Shutter-priority Modes, you can retrieve the exposure compensation value and manually adjust it directly.
The camera automatically removes noise generated when taking photos at slow shutter speeds, such as night-time shooting, always giving you beautiful images.
The AF+MF function provides more efficient, more precise focusing. After focusing with AF, simply turn the focus ring manually for even finer control. Used together with the MF Assist function, the focusing area is enlarged by 5x or 10x and can be moved with the LCD or the LVF. The MF Rotation Assist function directs you to turn the focus ring you want to focus on.
* The Continuous AF does not work with lenses for which the focus mode cannot be set to AFC.
With the DMC-GH2, you can move the guide line according to the subject's position. This is handy when you want to take extra care in framing, especially when using a tripod.
The histogram display makes it possible to check exposure and contrast in real-time. And the Full-time Live View lets you check the setting details before you shoot, for a perfect shot every time. With the DMC-GH2, you can freely move the histogram to a position where it will not block the subject on the screen.
* When you use the LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S., light from the built-in flash of the camera may be blocked and cause shading areas in the resulting picture depending on the shooting condition.
• Due to the ultra wide-angle field of view (35mm camera equivalent: 14-28mm), peripheral vignetting may appear when you use the LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm / F4.0 ASPH. and the built-in flash of the camera.
*1 When a picture size of [S] (4 M), 4:3 aspect ratio is selected.
The magnification level differs depending on picture size and aspect ratio setting.
*2 35mm camera equivalent.
*3 Firmware must be updated to the latest version 1.1.
The image has a blown highlight area.
The background, sky and flowers are sharp and vivid.
* Make sRGB settings for usual use, because the Adobe RGB color space cannot be used unless an image processing environment suitable to color profile handling is available.