Head on this page.
LUMIX Global TOP > DSLM CAMERAS > DMC-GH3 > PHOTOGRAPHY: Shooting Functions
Once the start time, the interval and the number of picture to shoot are set, the camera automatically records images. You can leave the camera and get a record of stationary observation for subjects such as flowers coming into bloom or scudding cloud.
The Multi Exposure function lets you take up to four exposures in a single frame. You can layer subjects that wouldn't ordinarily appear in the same frame for an artistic effect, or make one subject appear two or three times in the same frame.
The Creative Control* lets you enjoy giving your intention to make the image even more impressive. Effect parameter, defocusing area and exposure compensation are also adjustable.
* Soft Focus and Star Filter cannot be used for video recording.
This effect gives your photo a dramatic contrast look.
You can manually choose from 6 color types to get even more detailed image settings, or to match the shooting situation. In addition, the contrast, sharpness, saturation or noise reduction for each mode parameter can be customized in 11 steps and stored in memory. In Custom Mode, finely customized settings can be stored for easy recall and use.
The Scene Guide offers 23 sample pictures shot by professional photographers*. You can choose the one closer to the scene you encounter and optimum parameters for shooting the scene will be automatically set.
* Video recording using the Scene Guide is not possible in some scenes.
In the iA Mode*, the detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos with maximum ease. In addition, the iA Plus Mode enables you to adjust defocusing area, exposure
compensation and white balance by just moving the slider with your finger.
* Some functions in the iA / iA Plus Mode will not be available depending on the lens that is mounted. The applicable iA / iA Plus Mode functions vary with photos and videos.
The range of defocus can be adjusted to match your needs.
You can adjust the exposure compensation accurately and easily.
You can adjust the white balance from warm red to cool blue.
Photos or videos recorded in AVCHD on the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards are easy to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV. Simply insert the card into the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card slot on VIERA TV or Blu-ray Disc™ player to playback your content. You can also use an optional HDMI mini cable to output images you took from the camera directly to the VIERA TV.
The 3D-capable interchangeable lens, LUMIX G 12.5mm / F12, allows easier handling and instant 3D shooting with cameras without a special structure for 3D shooting. The 3D images taken with this lens are easy on the eyes when viewed on VIERA 3D TVs.
• The HDMI output function requires the optional RP-CHEM15 HDMI mini cable. The output resolution of the DMC-GH3 can be selected as 1,080p, 1,080i or 480p. Please confirm that the TV you are connecting to has an HDMI input terminal compatible with the selected signal. Depending on the cable used, some functions may not be possible. Panasonic HDMI cables are highly recommended.
• Videos and images with audio taken with the DMC-GH3 may not always be able to be played back with cameras by other manufacturers. • AVCHD videos recorded with the image quality set to SH mode (1,280 × 720) cannot be played on AVCHD-compatible digital video cameras. • AVCHD videos recorded with AVCHD-compatible digital video cameras cannot be played on the DMC-GH3. • AVCHD videos recorded onto an SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card or a DVD disc cannot be played on a device that does not support the AVCHD standard. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the support site.
• The DMC-GH3 is compatible with UHS-I standard SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards.
• More detailed information is available on our support site.
The DMC-GH3's 2-axis adjustment feature gives you a finer white balance adjustment*. The white balance bracket function shoots 3 consecutive photos with slight changes to the white balance setting of each photo in both the horizontal (amber to blue) and vertical (green to magenta) axes.
* White balance adjustment is not possible in some modes.
The One Push AE adjusts exposure with a single press of the Function button when it is over/under exposured. It is especially useful in shoot in outdoor with open aperture or indoor with fast shutter speed.
The Auto Bracket function records several photos at varied exposure levels in a compensation range of ±EV 3 in 1/3 EV, 2/3 EV or 1 EV steps. The DMC-GH3 will record up to 7 images with a single press of the shutter button.
You can freely move the guide lines according to the subject's position. This is handy when you want to take extra care in framing, especially when using a tripod. You can also move the histogram to a position where it will not block the subject on the screen.
The DMC-GH3 lets you shoot in aspect ratios of 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1 mode. The 1:1 mode gives you unique, square-shaped photos. Being able to match the aspect ratio to your subject and shooting intent gives you even greater expression.
The shading function on the DMC-GH3 corrects vignetting to give you clear images with uniform brightness overall.
The PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.5 PE makes it possible to sort and organize photos not only of those newly taken but also of those stored in your computer with quick start-up and fast read-in of images. It is easy to create an edited short video by just selecting the photos and video clips you like with Short Movie Story function and burn it onto a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD disc in MPEG2. Photos and videos can be uploaded to Facebook™ or YouTube™ via the same interface.
• Facebook and the Facebook logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Inc
• YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
With the DMC-GH3 featuring the 3.0-inch, 614K-dot OLED rear monitor, images are bright and easy to see, even outdoors on a sunny day. Along with the ordinary playback screen, there is a variety of information screens. You can also mark images as favorites, and keep them protected not to be accidentally delete.
Thumbnail / Calendar Display
The Title Edit function in playback mode lets you edit the titles of any photos you want. The Profile Setup and Face Recognition functions let you enter the date of birth and name of your subject in advance. You can also enter your destination and the date of travel in advance, in the Travel Date setting. The title, name, age based on the birth date, date of travel information, and date of shooting are displayed during playback, and can be printed on photos.
By setting the departure day, return day and destination of your trip with your LUMIX, you can display on which day of the trip each photo was taken while viewing.
This setting lets you display the local time of your destination when traveling. You simply select your travel destination, and the camera calculates the time difference from the time in the clock setting and displays the local time. You can set the time and date for 74 locations across the world.
• Design of GUI (Graphic User Interface) is subject to change without notice.
Return to Top