With the PT-AE7000/AT5000 you can view the waveforms on the screen and adjust the settings both automatically and manually as you prefer.
The gamma curve can be flexibly controlled, allowing precise calibration according to the signal source and environment. Brightness (Y), R, G and B can each be adjusted at any nine points. Adjustment point positions can be shifted both horizontally and vertically to bring out the desired gradation level.
You can freeze any scene you wish, and then make adjustments while easily comparing the original image and the adjusted image side by side.
This color correction system enables free color control in two different modes. The Point Color Correction mode lets you pick a point in the image and adjust that color without affecting the neighboring colors. The Six Color Correction mode enables independent adjustment of red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow.
HDMI™ with x.v.Color™ and Deep Color
The PT-AE7000/AT5000 has three HDMI input terminals for digital transmission without image degradation. The HDMI input terminals also support Deep Color and the x.v.Color color space. Deep Color provides 10-bit (over 1.07 billion) and 12-bit (over 68.7 billion) color depths for smooth gradation between colors, while x.v.Color compliance reproduces natural, lifelike images.*
* Effective in Rec. 709 image mode.
Programmable 12V Trigger for Automated Theater Setup
Two 12V triggers are provided.* Since the input and output can be set independently (menu selectable), they can link flexibly with powered screens, room light and powered curtains. When combined with the Intelligent Lens Memory, they let you create a truly classy home theater.
* The trigger terminals also operate as the 3D shutter outputs to connect the optional 3D IR transmitter ET-TRM110.
The PT-AE7000/AT5000 supports VIERA Link. If your home theater system contains VIERA Link-ready equipment, projection can be started by using only the remote control unit of the PT-AE7000/AT5000, regardless of whether the source is a Blu-ray Disc or a TV program stored on an HD recorder. This eliminates the need for hassling with several remote controls.*
* Cannot be used simultaneously with TV that supports VIERA Link. Some operations may not be available depending on the equipment. In this case, use its own remote control to operate the equipment.
Panasonic’s proprietary lamp drive system helps maintain lamp performance, resulting in a up to 5,000-hour lamp replacement cycle. For easy maintenance, you can replace the filter from the side and the lamp from the top of the projector. The dust filter and lamp are easily replaced even after the PT-AE7000/AT5000 is installed on the ceiling.
* When a lamp power is set to ECO. The lamp replacement cycle is up to 4,000 hours when the lamp mode is set to NORMAL. The values above are maximum values when they are used in cycles of being turned on for 2 hours and off for 0.25 hours. When the lamps are turned on and off more frequently, the lamp replacement cycle is shortened. The usage environment affects the lamp replacement cycle.
• 16-bit (full 12-bit) gamma correction for natural gradations.
• 3D noise reduction for high-precision noise detection and reduction.
• Scene-adaptive MPEG noise reduction effectively blocks regular noise and minimizes mosquito noise.
• Scene adaptive resizing LSI improves quality when resizing 480p images or those from other sources with resolution lower than the PT-AE7000/AT5000’s native resolution.
• 24p compatible.
• Progressive cinema scan (3/2 pulldown) and HD IP.
• Auto 3D input format select for frame packing, side by side, and top and bottom. Manual selection is also possible.
• Selectable frame response.
• Independent horizontal/vertical sharpness adjustment.
• Featuring a wide range of aspect modes, including ones for anamorphic lenses. (JUST/4:3/16:9/S16:9/14:9/ZOOM1/ZOOM2/H-FIT/V-FIT)
NOTE: The selectable modes vary depending on the input signal.
• Up to sixteen sets of PICTURE adjustment settings can be stored in memory with custom names that make them easy to remember (PICTURE MEMORY).
• Masking function to match the desired projection area to the screen.
• User-friendly ergonomic remote control.
• Built-in test pattern including color bar and gray scale.
• On-screen input guidance.
• Auto input search.
• Quiet operation: 22 dB (lamp power: ECO).
• NORMAL/ECO lamp power selection.
Each Panasonic projector is produced by a vertically integrated production process, which extends from R&D to manufacturing, at the Panasonic factory in Japan, under strict quality control. This ensures stable, top-quality performance in every product.