Up to six settings can be stored in the Lens Memory, including zoom and focus positions for projecting in the normal 16:9 or 4:3 image ratio, and wide cinema projection settings. These settings can be manually recalled or set for automatic switching. The projector is able to detect 2.35:1 and 16:9 sources and retrieve the stored settings automatically.
The new Lens Memory function also supports 3D viewing. For 3D viewing, the settings can be manually recalled.
The Lens Memory function lets you easily view images with different image ratios on a wide 2.35:1 screen for an immersive, theater-like experience.
The gamma curve can be flexibly controlled, allowing precise calibration according to the signal source and environment.
Brightness (Y), R, G and B can each be adjusted at any fifteen points. Adjustment point positions can be shifted both horizontally
and vertically to bring out the desired gradation level. Adjustment is easy because the small menu screen does not block the image.
You can freeze any scene you wish, and then make adjustments while easily comparing the original image and
the adjusted image side by side.
This color correction system enables free color control in two different modes. The Point Color Correction mode
lets you pick a point in the image and adjust that color without affecting the neighboring colors.
The Six Color Correction mode enables independent adjustment of red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow.
Adjustment is possible for either 2D or 3D viewing.
• 16-bit (full 12-bit) gamma correction for natural gradations.
• 3D noise reduction for high-precision noise detection and reduction.
• Scene-adaptive MPEG noise reduction effectively blocks regular noise and minimizes mosquito noise.
• Scene adaptive resizing LSI improves quality when resizing 480p images or those from other sources with resolution lower than the PT-AE8000/AT6000’s native resolution.
• 24p compatible.
• Progressive cinema scan (3/2 pulldown) and HD IP.
• Auto 3D input format select for frame packing, side by side, and top and bottom. Manual selection is also possible.
• Selectable frame response.
• Independent horizontal/vertical sharpness adjustment.
• Featuring a wide range of aspect modes, including ones for anamorphic lenses.
NOTE: The selectable modes vary depending on the input signal.
• Up to sixteen sets of PICTURE adjustment settings can be stored in memory with custom names that make them easy to remember (PICTURE MEMORY).
• Masking function to match the desired projection area to the screen.
• User-friendly ergonomic remote control.
• Built-in test pattern including color bar and gray scale.
• On-screen input guidance.
• Auto input search.
• Quiet operation: 22 dB (lamp power: ECO).
• NORMAL/ECO lamp power selection.