The projectors can be rotated vertically.
This means you can install one at any up-and-down angle you want, to accommodate different installation conditions.
Portrait mode allows the projector to be mounted with its side surface facing down,* for projecting onto a long, vertical screen. This provides a fresh visual effect in museums, public spaces, shopping centers, company showrooms, and similar locations. The optional ET-PKR100P ceiling mount bracket for portrait projection is also available.
* The projector itself cannot be set vertically by itself. Also, the side with terminals should be facing downward. Using the projector at an angle that exceeds the available angle of 210° may result in malfunctions. If setting up the projector at an angle that exceeds 210° is required, consult your dealer.
Images do not appear quickly with lamp-based projectors because the projector requires time to warm up. With the PT-RZ470/RW430, the image appears almost instantly. There’s also no cooling time required when turning the power off, so you can quickly turn the projector on and off as many times as needed.
Time is required to reach maximum brightness.
Maximum brightness is reached as soon as the
light source goes on.
The Multi-Screen Support System optimally adjusts multiple screens: Edge blending, color matching.
The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
* Edge blending function cannot be selected when the VIDEO input is selected, and the edge blending setting is disabled when viewing 3D images.
This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors.
* Consult you dealer for information about color matching software.
This function automatically corrects the brightness fluctuations that occur over time in the individual projectors of a
multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors can be controlled by connecting to each other via a hub, and this can be
increased to a maximum of 2,048 projectors by using "Multi Projector Monitoring and Control Software".*
* If the temperature of the projector's surroundings is elevated, light output may be reduced in order to protect the projector unit. If this software is used for the brightness control of multiple projectors, please ensure that as far as possible the temperature of the surroundings is the same for all projectors.
The PT-RZ470/RW430 can deliver impressive 3D images when viewed with active glasses.*
* To view 3D images, active-shutter 3D glasses are separately required. (In the active shutter system, the right/left liquid crystal shutter is opened and closed alternately according to projected images.)
HDMI input terminal supports 3D
The HDMI input terminal supports 3D. Connect a 3D Blu-ray player to the projector to project Blu-ray 3D images.
You can build a 3D system without the need for the optional transmitter.
Configuration: 3D Contents + Reproduction apparatus + 3D Glasses* (DLP™ Link™ system)
* To view 3D images, active-shutter 3D glasses are separately required. (In the active shutter system,
the right/left liquid crystal shutter is opened and closed alternately according to projected images.)
External transmitter connection capability
A 3D system can be configured by connecting an additional 3D IR transmitter to the projector's 3D SYNC OUT terminal.
Supports Frame Packing, Side-by-Side, Top-and-Bottom, and Frame Sequential method.
Images for each of the left and right eyes are transmitted alternately at the rate of 60 frames per second, making a total of 120 fps for both eyes.
Images for the left and right eyes are transmitted in one frame while the resolution for each remains as it is.
Side by Side
Images for the left and right eyes are transmitted in one frame while horizontal resolution is reduced by half.
Top and Bottom
Images for the left and right eyes are transmitted in one frame while the vertical resolution is reduced by half.
Ordinary lamps are not well suited to continuous operation.
Because the PT-RZ470/RW430 does not use a lamp, has efficient cooling system and uses DLP™ chip that has a long life, they are capable of 24/7 operation.
Scheduled operation is possible using the built-in timer function, without having to use a PC and software.
You can change the default Panasonic start up logo to any logo you want. A new logo can be easily uploaded by connecting a computer to the PT-RZ470/RW430 through the LAN or serial connection by using the Logo Transfer Software.*
An abundance of other security measures are also included, such as a security bar, Key lock, and Security Password. This is very effective for preventing theft.
* Still images that can be uploaded are limited to 1024 x 768 pixel bitmap files.
Also, the application will reduce the number of colors to 191.
A unique ID number can be assigned to each projector using the supplied wireless remote control unit.
This allows operation of a desired projector when multiple units are set up at the same location.
Three frequently used functions can be assigned to the Function buttons for instant recall.
A number of functions are provided to reduce power consumption.
You can easily set the Eco Management functions according to operating conditions
by using the "ECO" button on the remote control.
- Light source mode selectable among
NORMAL, ECO SAVE 1, ECO SAVE 2, and LOW.
- Adjusts the brightness according to ambient light
conditions, and reduces the light source power.
- Reduces the light source power when there is no signal input or the projector is in AV Mute mode.
|Light source mode
|ECO SAVE 1
||Reduces power consumption by approximately 20 % on average while leaving brightness almost unchanged.
|ECO SAVE 2
||Minimizes brightness reduction while reducing power consumption by approximately 30 % on average.
||Prioritizes low power consumption.