The short throw lens enables installation in tight spaces. For example, promotional images can be projected even in the narrow space of a retail store showcase, where image projection is not possible with a general-purpose lens.
A lens-centered, symmetrical design provides ease of installation, eliminating the need for any special considerations when planning the installation site.
Powered Focus, Short-Throw Lens
The lens axis can be shifted ±10 % vertically and ±3.4 % horizontally. This enables to replace an existing projector and to make fine tweaks after installation. Because it is a powered focus, the focus can be adjusted by remote control when it is installed in a rear projection configuration.
The projectors can be rotated vertically.
This means you can install one at any up-and-down angle you want, to accommodate
different installation conditions.
Images do not appear quickly with lamp-based projectors because the projector requires time to warm up. With the PT-RZ475, the image appears almost instantly. There's also no cooling time required when turning the power off, so you can quickly turn the projector on and off as many times as needed.
Time is required to reach maximum brightness.
Maximum brightness is reached as soon as the
light source goes on.
The Multi-Screen Support System optimally adjusts multiple screens: Edge Blending, Color Matching.
The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors.
* Consult your dealer for information about color matching software.
* Edge blending function cannot be selected when the VIDEO input is selected,
and the edge blending setting is disabled when viewing 3D images.
This function automatically corrects the brightness fluctuations that occur over time in the individual projectors of a
multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors can be controlled by connecting to each other via a hub, and this can be
increased to a maximum of 2,048 projectors by using "Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software"*
* If the temperature of the projector's surroundings is elevated, light output may be reduced in order to protect the projector unit. If this software is used for the brightness control of multiple projectors, please ensure that as far as possible the temperature of the surroundings is the same for all projectors.
Portrait mode allows the projector to be mounted with its side surface facing down,* for projecting onto a long, vertical screen. This provides a fresh visual effect in museums, public spaces, shopping centers, company showrooms, and similar locations. The optional ET-PKR100P ceiling mount bracket for portrait projection is also available.
* The projector itself cannot be set vertically by itself. Also, the side with terminals should be facing downward. Using the projector at an angle that exceeds the available angle of 210° may result in malfunctions. If setting up the projector at an angle that exceeds 210° is required, consult your dealer.
The ET-MWP100G Panasonic Multi Window Processor makes it possible to quickly and efficiently combine multiple PT-RZ475 projectors into a multi vision system. Equipped with 16 slots for input/output terminals, the ET-MWP100G enables a combination of 5 optional interface boards, including a DIGITAL LINK output board, to support a variety of input sources and output devices. Images can be split among multiple display units, and multi-windows (PinP) can be freely allotted in desired sizes, locations, inclinations and overlapping orders.
The PT-RZ475 can deliver impressive 3D images when viewed with active glasses.*
* To view 3D images, active-shutter 3D glasses are separately required. (In the active shutter system,
the right/left liquid crystal shutter is opened and closed alternately according to projected images.)
HDMI input terminal supports 3D
The HDMI input terminal supports 3D to project Blu-ray 3D images.
You can build a 3D system without the need for the optional transmitter.
External transmitter connection capability
An additional 3D IR transmitter can be connected to the projector's 3D SYNC OUT terminal.
Because the PT-RZ475 does not use a lamp, has efficient cooling system and uses DLP™ chip that has a long life, they are capable of 24/7 operation.
Scheduled operation is possible using the built-in timer function, without having to use a PC and software.
You can change the default Panasonic start up logo to any logo you want. A new logo can be easily uploaded by connecting a computer to the PT-RZ475 through the LAN or serial connection by using the Logo Transfer Software.*
An abundance of other security measures are also included, such as a security bar, Key lock, and Security Password. This is very effective for preventing theft.
* Still images that can be uploaded are limited to 1024 x 768 pixel bitmap files. Also, the application will reduce the number of colors to 191.
A unique ID number can be assigned to each projector using the supplied wireless remote control unit.
This allows operation of a desired projector when multiple units are set up at the same location.
Three frequently used functions can be assigned to the Function buttons for instant recall.
A number of functions are provided to reduce power consumption.
You can easily set the Eco Management functions according to operating conditions
by using the "ECO" button on the remote control.
- Light source mode selectable among
NORMAL, ECO1, and ECO2.
- Adjusts the brightness according to ambient light
conditions, and reduces the light source power.
- Reduces the light source power when there is no signal input or the projector is in AV Mute mode.
|Light source mode
||Reduces power consumption by approximately 20 % on average while leaving brightness almost unchanged.
||Minimizes brightness reduction while reducing power consumption by approximately 30 % on average.