Main Contents begins from here.
Announced the ‘eco ideas’ Declaration in Taiwan
On October 13, 2011, nine Panasonic Group companies in Taiwan announced the 'eco ideas' Declaration in Taiwan at a dealers convention held at Denwell Taipei. The press conference saw an attendance of 50 people including four Taiwanese government officials, 35 journalists from 25 media outlets, and other related individuals.
President Akihiro Nakatani of Panasonic Taiwan Co., Ltd. (PTW) announced the declaration on behalf of the Panasonic Group in Taiwan. He touched on environmental movements in Taiwan and expressed his determination to contribute to fulfilling the government's policies and reducing environmental impact as a Green Innovation Company.
The announcement of the 'eco ideas' Declaration on October 13 was followed by a new product release event and ECO NAVI products (new vacuum cleaners and air purifiers) were unveiled. This resulted in the expansion of ECO NAVI product groups in Taiwan from four to six. The Panasonic Group in Taiwan is planning to increase the number of ECO NAVI product groups to ten by 2015.
Overview of the ‘eco ideas’ Declaration in Taiwan
[‘eco ideas’ for Lifestyles]
Contribution to the environment through products
- Continuously launch ECO NAVI products (featuring the leading environmental performance)
- Increase the sales value percentage of ECO NAVI products to 50% or more in FY2016
- Achieve the size of contribution in reducing CO2 emissions from product use amounting to 400,000 tons in FY2016(compared with the FY2006 level)
[‘eco ideas’ for Business-styles]
Contribution to the environment through production activities
- Reduce the total CO2 emissions by 5% or more by FY2016 (compared with the FY2006 level)
- Increase the waste recycling rate to 99.3% or more by FY2016
Contribution to the environment through employees' efforts
- Expand tree planting activities with group companies working together
- FY2013 initiatives: Donate part of the ECO NAVI product sales to New Taipei City to make a five-hectare block of land into the Panasonic Forest (approximately 7,500 trees)
- Designate Wanli Xiashe as the Panasonic Coast in October 2011 and promote a coastal clean-up campaign
- Focus on next-generation development by expanding the scale of environmental education
- Hold environmental classes in twelve cities and three orphanages
- Expand courses specializing in environmental affairs under the Panasonic scholarship program
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.