Main Contents begins from here.
Introduction of a wide range of advanced products
In 1956, the company subdivided its operations from 11 divisions to 15, built a succession of automated factories and put many new products into mass production.
MEC's new Takatsuki Plant was visited by the Japanese Emperor and Empress in November of 1956, and won the Demming Prize, Japan's highest award for quality control, in 1958.
Mass production of television sets began at the Kadoma plant, and later shifted to a new plant in Ibaraki near Osaka in July 1958. Production jumped from 10,000 sets per month in 1957, to 30,000 sets by the end of 1958.
The Radio Division grew rapidly with the introduction of the transistor radio. The Component Division was separated from the Radio Division in May 1959, and the scope of its operations broadened.
In January 1959, Matsushita announced that he would make every factory into a world-class facility. New plants were rapidly constructed for producing radios, components, dry cells, storage batteries, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, refrigerators, electric motors, and industrial and communications equipment.
Each venture was financed separately under the principle of autonomous divisions. This checked excessive expansion, greatly boosted the company's business by focusing innovation and creativity in restricted product fields, and ensured that the new facilities were used to their best advantage.
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.