go to main contents
|INDEX TO LIST||NATURAL SCIENCE||SOCIAL SCIENCE||THE ARTS||MISCELLANEOUS|
Main Contents begins from here.
The plutonium enclosed in the capsules was extracted from reprocessed fuel used in the first Japanese reactor for research (JRR-3) at the Japan Nuclear Power Research Institute between March and May 1968. One gram of 239PuO2 was placed in gold foil and double-sealed within zircaloy and stainless steel containers, each 3mm thick.
The Japan Nuclear Power Research Institute is concerned with research and development according to a nuclear power programme drawn up by the Japanese Government. The Institute was established on June 15th, 1956. In 1970, 2,154 persons were employed by the organization.
The contents of this site are excerpted from THE OFFICIAL RECORD OF TIME CAPSULE EXPO'70(March 1975). Please note that company and organization names may differ from those of the current ones.
© Panasonic Corporation 2010