go to main contents
Main Contents begins from here.
AGREEMENT RE TIME CAPSULE EXPO '70
The following concerns custodial duties relating to the TIME CAPSULE EXPO '70. These capsules represent the crystallization of the achievements of mankind to date in the arts and sciences; their purpose is to convey these achievements to the world of the 70th century and to commemorate the Japan World Exposition held in Osaka, Japan, in the year 1970 AD.
- ARTICLE1 :
- Sakata Michita, Minister of Education (hereinafter called Party "A"), Chuma Kaoru, Mayor of Osaka City (hereinafter called Party "B"), Matsushita Masaharu, President of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (hereinafter called Party "C") and Umejima Tadashi, President of The Mainichi Newspapers (hereinafter called Party "D") are hereby bound to faithfully fulfil the following Agreement:
- ARTICLE2 :
- Parties C and D shall surrender to Party A the following items located above and below the former site of Osaka Castle in Osaka Castle Park, Osaka, Japan, unconditionally on or before March 31st in the year 1971 AD:
- Two (2) capsules containing identical miscellaneous artefacts and records
- Monument and capsule appurtenances above and below ground.
- ARTICLE3 :
- Party A shall assume custody of the items mentioned in the preceding Article 2 and shall be responsible for all custodial duties entailed thereby.
- ARTICLE4 :
- Party A shall, as set forth in Clause 9, Article 3 of the National Property Law, entrust Party B with the upkeep, maintenance and preservation of the following:
- Monument and capsule appurtenances above and below ground
- Grounds surrounding A. above within an area of 36 square metres.
- ARTICLE5 :
- Parties C and D shall be jointly responsible for maintaining a record of the time-induced changes in the two capsules and their contents.
- ARTICLE6 :
- Neither Party A nor Party B shall be responsible for the loss of or damage to the items mentioned in Article 2. if caused by natural disaster or chemical changes which are not within their immediate control or preventable by reasonable diligence on their part.
- ARTICLE7 :
- Parties A, B, C and D shall confer if necessary to determine the disposition of items not covered herein.
Four copies of this agreement shall be prepared and signed by Parties A, B, C and D, and each Party shall keep a copy in a place of safekeeping.
Signed this 15th day of March, 1971 AD
|PARTY A|| : Sakata Michita, Minister of Education|
|PARTY B|| : Chuma Kaoru, Mayor of Osaka City|
|PARTY C|| : Matsushita Masaharu, President, Matsushita Electric Industrial CO., Ltd.|
|PARTY D|| : Umejima Tadashi, President, The Mainichi Newspapers.|
Return to top
The contents of this site are excerpted from THE OFFICIAL RECORD OF TIME CAPSULE EXPO'70(March 1975). Please note that company and organization names may differ from those of the current ones.
© Panasonic Corporation 2010