Main Contents begins from here.
Products & Solutions
Cleaning the Printer
Periodic cleaning of the printer is recommended. The frequency of cleaning is dependent upon the environment in which the printer is used. You should clean the printer: at least once a month. when you install a new Process Unit. when print quality has deteriorated.
- Turn the power OFF.
- Clean the cover with a soft cloth.
Use any mild commercial cleaner.
- Turn the power OFF, open the left cover and remove the Process Unit.
Before cleaning the inside of the printer, allow the fuser to cool (about 5 minutes).
- The printer must be turned OFF prior to cleaning.
- Do not expose the Process Unit to light for more than 5 minutes, or to direct sunlight.
- Do not touch the green drum surface of the Process Unit.
- Clean the following areas with a dry cloth or a cotton swab.
With a dry cloth
- Pinch roller
- Feed roller
- Transfer roller
- Paper chute(Paper dust)
with a cotton swab
- Carefully wipe the tungsten wire and the laser unit mirror by sliding a cotton swab from end to end 4 to 5 times.
- Close the left cover.
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.