Main Contents begins from here.
Wireless LAN Setting "BL-C131/C121/C230"
Wireless communication is possible by adjusting the settings of the wireless LAN to those for the router. Take a note of the settings and save them for reference.
1. Click [Wireless] on the Setup page.
2. Set each parameter for the Wireless Configuration.
SSID and mode must be set to match them of your wireless router.
|SSID||-The SSID must be set to match the SSID your router or wireless LAN uses. The SSID is limited to 32 characters (alpha numeric) and is case sensitive.|
|Communication mode||-In "802.11b", there are a lot of 802.11b-compliant products and they are inexpensive. They are widely prevalent, so "802.11b" is useful when using your existing wireless devices.
-"802.11b/g" supports both 802.11b and 802.11g wireless LAN standards. It is the communication mode that is easy to install on your existing wireless LAN.
-"802.11g exclusive" communicates using 802.11g only. It does not support the mixed standard mode of 802.11b/g, so it allows the use of original features of 802.11g.*1
- *1 Even if "802.11g exclusive" is in use, the existence of other wireless devices using 2.4GHz bandwidth - including 802.11b wireless devices - makes the baud rate of 802.11g slower.
3. Set each parameter for the Encryption.
Encryption must be set to match Encryption of your wireless router.
To prevent unauthorized users from reading data,
selecting [WPA-PSK(TKIP)] or [WPA2-PSK(AES)] is recommended.
If your wireless router does not support WPA , select WEP.
|WPA Key||-Select one from [ASCII, 8 to 63 Characters],
[HEX, 64 Characters] on the list.
Check the same key number as set to the router,
and set the same key as at the router.
ASCII, 8 to 63 Characters : asdfghjk
HEX, 64 Characters: 0123456789adcdeffdecba98765432100123456789abcdeffdecba9876543210
|WEP Key||-Select one from [HEX, 10 characters 64 bit], [HEX, 26 characters 128 bit], [HEX, 32 characters 152 bit], [ASCII 5 characters 64 bit], [ASCII 13 characters 128 bit] or [ASCII 16 characters 152 bit] on the list.
Selecting [WEP] at Cipher enables you to set WEPKey1-4. One or all of the four keys can be set. Check the same key number as set to the router, and set the same key as at the router.
ASCII 5 characters 64 bit :12345
ASCII 13 characters 128 bit : abcdefghijklm
ASCII 16 characters 152 bit : 1234567890abcdef
HEX, 10 characters 64 bit : 1234567890
- -Some wireless devices do not support the WEP 152 bit.
- -The camera supports only the open system authentication.
If the router or access point is set to shared key authentication, set it to auto or open system.
4. Click [Save] when finished.
-New settings are saved.
-When finished, "Success!" is displayed.
5. Set the switch to WIRELESS.
(1)Turn off the camera by unplugging the AC plug from the power outlet.
(2)Set the WIRELESS/WIRED switch on the bottom (BL-C121:side) of the camera to the WIRELESS position.
(3)Turn the camera on by plugging the AC plug into the power outlet.
(4)Confirm the camerafs wireless settings are correct by accessing the camera.
- -To use the camera in wired mode again, repeat the procedure above and set the WIRELESS/WIRED switch on the bottom of the camera to the WIRED position.
- -If you cannot access the camera, the camerafs wireless settings may be incorrect. Repeat the procedure above and set the WIRELESS/WIRED switch on the bottom of the camera to the WIRED position. Access the camera in wired mode and confirm that all wireless settings are correct and match the settings of your wireless router.
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.