Text begins from here.
- Licensed lithium battery technology to Duracell Co., Ltd. (U.S.A.).
- Technology exchange agreement reached with Energy Research Corp. (U.S.A.) for phosphoric acid fuel cells.
- New Tokyo Office building (current Tokyo building) completed.
- Home solar system featuring heat pipe technology launched.
- World's first calculator equipped with built-in Amorton, CX-1, introduced.
- Amorton heat pipe collector developed.
- Blue light-emitting diode (LED) and world's first full-color LED lamp developed.
- Operation of amorphous solar cell production plant commenced.
- Licensed lithium battery technology to Renata SA (Switzerland).
- Head Office Annex (current Head Office Building No. 2) completed.
- Applied Technology Laboratory established in Moriguchi City, Osaka.
- Amorton roof tile developed.
- Industry's first refrigerator with chilling compartment ("Osashimi compartment"), SR-430VH, launched.
- Production of OS-CON line of aluminum solid capacitors with organic semiconductive electrolyte commenced.
- Conceptual design of air-cooled phosphoric acid fuel battery power generation system with 10,000 kW output commenced jointly with Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Home electronic appliance series for singles "it's" introduced.
- Industry's first refrigerated showcase (flat open type) introduced.
- SANYO Electric and Tokyo SANYO Electric merged.
- New wordmark adopted.
- Test run of phosphoric acid fuel cell with 50 kW output, developed and commenced jointly with Tokyo Electric Power.
- See-through Amorton developed.
- Japan's first nickel-cadmium batteries for artificial satellite developed and supplied to National Space Development Agency of Japan.
- SANYO All-Star Series held, first professional baseball games bearing sponsoring company's name.
- MBA training course established in cooperation with School of Management, Boston University.
- ROBO series launched.
- New corporate slogan "We care for people and the earth" established.
- Consolidated subsidiaries increased to reinforce consolidated accounting system.
- Industry's first mid-mount Hi-Fi video recorder, VZ-CS1, introduced.
- Industry's first 3-way multi-air conditioning system that can provide cooling and heating simultaneously introduced.
Sub Menu begins from here.