Text begins from here.
- Fiftieth anniversary of SANYO Electric's founding celebrated.
- SANYO to domestically produce 5 billion sealed-type nickel cadmium batteries "CADNICA."
- BS digital high vision television "VIZON" (HVC-36DZ1) launched.
- SANYO MUSEUM (with e-cafe) opened.
- Nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery business acquired from Toshiba Group.
- Marketed detergent-free washing machine, the ASW-ZR800.
- Comprehensive agreement reached with Haier Group Co., the largest consumer electronics appliance manufacturer in China, on wide-ranging collaboration.
- Vending machine business sold to Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Acquired stock for Kubota House Co., Ltd., and established SANYO Homes Corporation.
- SANYO Solar Ark, giant photovoltaic power generating system, and Solar Lab, solar energy museum, opened.
- Marketed home-use projector LP-Z1, which enabled enjoyment of high picture quality and large screen.
- NTT DATA SANYO SYSTEM CORPORATION established under capital tie-up with NTT DATA CORPORATION.
- Purchased shares of GS-Melcotech Company, subsidiary of Nippon Denchi Co., Ltd., for takeover and renamed it SANYO GS Soft Energy Co. Ltd.
- Chip mounter business sold to Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation.
- Developed cellphones for digital terrestrial television broadcasting.
- Marketed integrated energy-saving system ? Eco-Store System ? for local stores that contribute to energy saving of refrigerating and air-conditioning equipment in supermarkets and conveniences stores.
- Began mass production of Nickel-metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery systems for hybrid electric vehicles (HEV).
- Full-scale production of HIT solar cells commenced at Nishikinohama Factory in Osaka.
- Seiko Epson Corporation and SANYO Electric incorporated SANYO EPSON Imaging Device Corporation for liquid crystal business integration.
- Started Tokushima Plant in order to increase production of lithium-ion batteries.
- Niigata Chuetsu Earthquake struck Niigata SANYO Electronic Co., Ltd. (present SANYO Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd.)
- Enhanced solar cell business in European market, started full-scale operation at solar cell plant of SANYO Hungary Co., Ltd.
- SANYO Electric Logistics Co., Ltd. stock listed on Jasdaq Securities Exchange.
- SANYO commenced "ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ENERGY EVOLUTION PROJECT (currently ECO EDUCATION PROGRAM for Elementary Schools)" activities, environmental education for elementary school students.
- Agreement reached with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (United States) to transfer portion of SANYO Electric Credit stock.
- Developed cellphone terminal CDMA 1X WIN W33SA for mobile digital terrestrial television broadcasting service "Wansegu" (1 segment).
- Next-generation Nickel-metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery "eneloop" launched.
- High-definition digital movie camera “Xacti VPC-HD1? launched.
- 300 billion yen capital increased through issuance of preferred stocks to third parties.
- Commercial-use air purifying system featuring “virus Washer launched.
- Drum-type washer/dryer “AQUA AWD-AQ1? featuring “air wash? launched.
- Semiconductor business spun off into subsidiary, SANYO Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
- The "Mini-Gorilla" palm-sized portable navigation device series launched.
- "enegreen Supermarket Showcase Refrigerating System" capable of connecting multiple showcases and refrigeration units launched.
- SANYO Sales & Marketing Co., Ltd. integrated into SANYO Electric Co., Ltd to reshape and optimize the global sales structure.
- Household cyclone vacuum cleaner “airsis? doubling as air purification device launched.
- “eneloop universe products? received 2007 Good Design Grand Prize (Prime Minister’s Prize).
- Ultra-short focus projector “LP-XL50? capable of 80-inch large screen projection from a distance of 8 cm launched.
- Sold the mobile phone business to Kyocera Corp.
- "eneloop" received Germany's iF Design Award 2008
- Established SANYO Consumer Electronics Co., Ltd. and SANYO Aqua Corp.
- Established a new fuel cell joint company, ENEOS Celltech Co., Ltd., with Nippon Oil Corp.
- The Imperial couple visited Tokyo Plant in Gunma prefecture.
- Formulated SANYO Group Mid-term Management Plan (FY2008-FY2010) toward 'a leading company for energy and environment'.
- Agreed with German automaker VOLKSWAGEN Group to co-develop next generation lithium-ion HEV battery systems
- Installed air purification systems equipped with 'virus washer' technology in Warner Mycal cinemas
- Made a capital investment in DALIAN BINGSHAN GROUP Co., Ltd, a leading company for commercial equipment in China, and became its biggest shareholder
- Strengthen the solar business in North America;
? Established a new Si wafer production company "SANYO Solar of Oregon LLC" in Oregon, U.S.A.
? Increased the production capacity of solar module plant in Monterrey, Mexico by 2.5 times"
- "Strengthen the solar business in Japan;
? Started a new Shiga solar module plant in Shiga prefecture
? Started a new solar cell plant of Shimane SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.
- "eneloop bike" electric hybrid bicycle released.
- New manufacturing facilities completed for lithium-ion battery production at the Kaizuka Plant of SANYO Energy Twicell Co., Ltd. and the Nandan Plant of SANYO Energy Nandan Co., Ltd.
- HIT solar photovoltaic cells and modules achieved the world's highest energy conversion efficiency of 23.0%
- "eneloop" rechargeable batteries achieved a global cumulative shipment of 100 million units and the new "eneloop" that can be recharged approximately 1,500 times released
- Nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery systems supplied for hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) to PSA Peugeot Citro?n, France
- Japanese production sites for the solar photovoltaic cell business (Nishikinohama Factory and Shimane SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.) bolstered to increase a combined production capacity from 340 MW to 565 MW by the end of March 2011
Sub Menu begins from here.