Text begins from here.
Announced Panasonic Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2011
Jun 8, 2011
On 27 May 2011, Panasonic Asia Pacific held the annual ‘eco ideas’ Declaration event at the Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre.
In this event, the progress of the ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2010 was reported. At the same time, Panasonic Asia Pacific has also announced the 2011 action plan which demonstrates how Panasonic will further strengthen its green commitment and activities in Asia Pacific to reinforce the vision to become the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the electronics industry by 2018.
Managing Executive Officer of Panasonic Corporation Shiokawa announces Panasonic Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2011
Children at the environmental exhibition corner
Overview of Panasonic Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2010 and results as of March 2011
||Progress and results as of March 2011
|‘eco ideas’ for Lifestyles
- Achieve 80% of sales to be contributed by eco products in Asia Pacific by March 2013
- Roll out Panasonic Global Eco Learning Programme in the region
- Utilize social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube etc) to generate eco awareness and inculcate eco habits
- Increased percentage of sales contributed by eco products from 49% in March 2010 to 66% in March 2011
- Educated more than 19,000 students in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and India with a total investment of approx USD 200,000
- Organised on-line eco campaign (Channel E) utilising facebook (95,595 fans), and organised eco exhibitions (504 times)
|‘eco ideas’ for Business-styles
- Achieve 500,000 tons in a size of contribution in reducing CO2 emissions from production activities*1 by March 2013.
- Develop 4 more model ‘eco ideas’ Factories*2 in Asia Pacific by 2013
- Achieved good progress in CO2 reduction (520,000 tons in a size of contribution as of March 2011)
- Launched Indonesia' s ‘eco ideas’ Factory (Lighting Company) in Surabaya on 1 October 2010
- *1In comparison with the case without improvement after 31 March 2006
- *2The ‘eco ideas’ Factory is a model factory which lives in harmony with local communities and stakeholders, as well as embodies Panasonic' s environmental strategy with two key initiatives; ‘eco ideas’ for Lifestyles and ‘eco ideas’ for Business-styles
Overview of Panasonic Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2011
‘eco ideas’ for Lifestyles:
- Promote eco products sales via innovative eco technology (e.g. ECONAVI) and consumer outreach programmes to achieve 80% sales contribution ratio by March 2013
- Expand Panasonic Global Eco Learning Programme to reach 200,000 students in the region by March 2013 and launch a new programme in Malaysia
- Develop new comprehensive energy and environment solutions business for eco-home / eco-store / eco-community in Asia Pacific (Target: USD 2 billion of sales by 2018.)
‘eco ideas’ for Business-styles:
- Achieve 600,000 tons in a size of contribution in reducing CO2 emissions by March 2013
- Develop 3 more ‘eco ideas’ Factories in Asia Pacific by 2013
- Organize the first Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Forum at the Singapore International Energy Week 2011
On the same day, a networking session with key eco partners was organised to show appreciation to these partners for being part of Panasonic Asia Pacific' s green journey. In addition, an award ceremony of the Panasonic-NEA Environment Champions Project Competition was held to give out seed funding of $1,000 each to 19 teams (9 elementary school teams and 10 junior high school teams) to implement their environmental projects. These teams will participate in a final competition held in October 2011 and the best team in both the elementary school and junior high school categories will go to Japan in December for a study trip organised by Panasonic.
Students who participated in eco education program
Sub Menu begins from here.