Because this service is based on a Panasonic server, it doesn't require a VPN or other private network like ordinary videoconference systems do. You also do not need to make any complicated network settings, so system set-up is quick and easy.
Service subscribers can connect to each other from inside or outside the company, so business communication with clients and others is possible without any travelling.
Mistaken or unauthorised transmission is prevented by setting an encryption key. This also prevents the leaking of information during conversations. In addition to one common key, up to ten separate encryption keys can be set for groups, i.e., one for each group. By using a different encryption key from the one for in-company communication, this makes it possible to prevent erroneous connections between non-company and company parties.
|NAT Traversal Service|
|Applicable Models||KX-VC2000, KX-VC1600, KX-VC1300, KX-VC1000, KX-VC600, KX-VC300, KX-VC500|
* The NAT Traversal Service is a global service, but some restrictions exist due to network and router conditions. Customers using an HD Visual Communications System that is compatible with the NAT Traversal Service may try the service free of charge.
|How to Use the Service||
* You may not be able to connect depending on your router settings. Please check with your nearest dealer.
- Use a router that suits the usage conditions. For details, consult with your dealer.
- Contracts for an Internet line (an optical line is recommended) and an Internet service provider are also required.
- Usage restrictions on the communication data amount and the bandwidth may apply depending on the service provider.
- Please do not connect multiple HD Visual Communications Systems to a single router.
- Connection between the HD Visual Communications System and Android™ terminals is a 1:1 connection. Android™ terminals cannot be connected to each other.
- The communication bandwidth for the Android™ terminal may be limited by the packet amount. For details, please contact your Internet service provider.
- The packet amount for the Android™ terminal may increase due to the sending and receiving of motion images. This should be considered when concluding the communications contract with your Internet service provider.
- HDVC Mobile cannot be used with 3G devices because the bandwidth is likely to be insufficient.
- A bandwidth that supports 384 Kbps or more is required to use HDVC Mobile for sending and receiving images and sound (for QVGA video and G.722 monaural audio).
- A separate earphone is required to use HDVC Mobile with the ELUGA Series. A headset is required for use with the TOUGHPAD JT-B1 Series.
- The paid activation key cannot be returned for a refund once it has been used.
- Legal regulations prevent the supply of this service to China.
- For the latest information, please check the NAT Traversal Service website.
- HDVC Mobile devices cannot be directly connected to each other. However, they can be connected via HDVC-MPCS.
- To connect the HDVC-MPCS to the NAT Traversal Service, the NAT Traversal Service must be registered.
- A bandwidth of 256 Kbps or higher is required for sending and receiving images and sound with HDVC Mobile (video: QVGA Android)/W432p (Windows), audio: G.722 for monaural).
- To ensure security in the event that you lose a smartphone or tablet, be sure to set the Screen Lock function.
- Google, Google Play, and Android are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Microsoft, Internet Explorer, Windows, and Windows Media are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- iOS is an OS name of Apple Inc. IOS is a registered trademark or trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. or an affiliated company in the United States and other countries.