The environment surrounding homes is reaching a turning point.
Lifestyle is changing in line with the changes in the world, such as further developments in IT and diversified workstyles. Meanwhile, the severity of Japan's social challenges, such as a declining population, the downturn in new housing starts, and the shortage of carpenters and craftworkers, is intensifying.
Internationally, people's values related to housing have been significantly influenced with accelerated aging especially in China, Taiwan, and ASEAN countries, who have a lot in common with Japan in terms of their needs and social challenges, including industrialization of the construction industry.
Our mission is to bring living spaces that focus on the well-being of people and society to many construction fields globally.
The Housing Systems Business Division promotes synergy by combining the operations of the manufacturing sites and customer touch points. We will accelerate growth through co-creation activities with a variety of partners, including customers, to expand the scope of business and change the conventional boundaries.
By promoting our advantages, we will actively contribute to a wider range of areas, including homes as well as public and commercial facilities, and also living spaces in the world.
The Housing Systems Business Division will continue to provide new value to people and society by staying close to their lives.
- Kitchen Furniture, Bathroom & Sanitary Fittings and Housing Equipment
- Kadoma Factory,Moka Factory,Kota Factory,Mito Factory,Ashikaga Factory,Kitakyushu Factory,Yokkaichi Site,Ishioka Site
- Construction Materials and Interior Building Products
- Gunma Factory,Kagawa Factory,Hyogo Factory,Moka Factory,Kota Factory
- Exterior Products & Systems and Chemical
- Ritto Factory,Maibara Factory,Nishinomiya Factory,Igaueno Factory
- Kadoma Factory,Narita Factory
Sapporo, Sendai, Tokyo, Yokohama, Nagoya, Osaka, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, and other locations (65 in total)
Affiliated Companies in Japan
- Panasonic Housing Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Interior Building Products Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic ARCHI Skeleton Design Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Elevator Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Architectural Ware & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Living Hokkaido Tohoku Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Living Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Living Chubu Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Living Kinki Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Living Chushikoku Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Living Kyushu Co., Ltd.
Kitchen Furniture, Bathroom & Sanitary Fittings Business Unit
Modular kitchens, prefabricated bathroom units, vanities, toilets
Architecture Systems Business Unit
Interior doors, flooring materials, wardrobes
Exterior Products & Systems Business Unit
Rain gutters, home delivery boxes, paints, deodorants
Panasonic ARCHI Skeleton Design Co., Ltd.
Building structural materials, structural calculation, housing planning
Panasonic Elevator Co., Ltd.
Elevator sales, repair, and maintenance
Panasonic Architectural Ware & Engineering Co., Ltd.
Sales of equipment for rental housing, rental housing solutions
- ①KMEW USA Inc. [Exterior furnishing materials]
- ②Panasonic Canada Inc. [Interior doors, storage systems]
- ③Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales Company of America [Steel coils for roofs and valleys]
- ④KMEW Russia [Exterior furnishing materials]
- ⑤Panasonic Life Solutions Europe [Storage systems]
- ⑥Panasonic Life Solutions Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd. [Modular kitchens, interior doors]
- ⑦China & Northeast Asia Company [Housing products and materials] Panasonic Manufacturing (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- ⑧Panasonic Life Solutions India Pvt., Ltd. [Modular kitchens]
- ⑨Myanmar [Home elevators]
- ⑩China & Northeast Asia Company [Housing products and materials] Panasonic Life Solutions Sales Taiwan Co., Ltd.
Initiatives to Address Social Challenges
Going forward, companies cannot expect to achieve sustainable growth unless they promote business that focuses on solutions to social challenges.
The businesses promoted by the Housing Systems Business Division are closely connected to people's lives, and thus we believe we have a mission to meet these challenges.
Our efforts to address social challenges have already begun.
For instance, with the aim of eliminating the shortage of construction workers, we have developed the PSJ Method,which substantially shortens a building's construction period.
Similar initiatives are also expected from a global perspective.
We will contribute to the creation of a better world by substantially offering our expertise to people's lives as part of our products and solutions, such as new materials technology to protect forest resources, on which we rely heavily, water refining and conservation technology to protect water resources, and insulating material and product technology to reduce CO2 emissions.
View the history of the Housing Systems Business Division's products and technologies.
Scroll vertically and horizontally to view the history of the Housing Systems Business Division's products and technologies.
Lifestyle Technology Innovations
Vacuum Insulated Glass
Vacuum panel manufacturing technology, which Panasonic has refined in its plasma display TVs over the years, is applied to this thin high-performance insulating glass. With a thickness of 6 mm, the glass has achieved heat insulation performance equal to or greater than that of triple-glazed glass but at approx. 1/5 the thickness.
This thin insulating glass will globally create new demand for heat insulation and make people's lives more comfortable. It can help achieve a sustainable society through its use in homes, commercial refrigerators, and consumer electronics.
Lifestyle Value Innovations
We are facing a growing shortage of carpenters and other construction workers, and future mainstream housing materials must meet the needs of ZEH (net-zero energy house). The PSJ housing construction method helps to shorten the construction period, reduce needed labor force, and build high-performance homes in pursuit of the industrialization of wooden houses. The use of large wall panels combining posts, beams, structural board material, heat insulation material, and exterior fittings, as well as large roof panels, shortens the construction period, reduces waste material, and ensures stable construction quality while providing solutions that meet social challenges.